Nvidia GeForce Video Card

Old May 29th 08, 08:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Wadeyboy

Default Nvidia GeForce Video Card

I have an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT and just bought a game that's quite
old (Chronicles Of Riddick - Escape From Butcher Bay Directors Cut).
After I installed it, I tried to run it only to get the message "this
application requires
graphics driver support for Open GL 1.3 or higher."
I thought the Geforce cards supported Open GL? My older MX Geforce
card could run stuff in Open GL. I installed
the latest drivers from Nvidia's site but still got the same message.
Can anybody help please?
Old May 29th 08, 08:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon[_2_]

'Wadeboy' wrote:
I have an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT and just bought a game that's quite
old (Chronicles Of Riddick - Escape From Butcher Bay Directors Cut).
After I installed it, I tried to run it only to get the message "this
application requires
graphics driver support for Open GL 1.3 or higher."
I thought the Geforce cards supported Open GL? My older MX Geforce
card could run stuff in Open GL. I installed
the latest drivers from Nvidia's site but still got the same message.
Can anybody help please?Have you applied the patches to update the game?

_____

Have you used a Google Search to find the publisher's support site?
What was the result when you updated to version 1.1 which is recommended to
solve "when launching the game you may receive an error dialog box "This
application requires graphic driver support for OpenGL 1.3 or higher"
followed by a Runtime error."?

The patch can be found by searching for your game at
http://sierra.com/en/home/support/sierra_support.html .

Phil Weldon

Old May 30th 08, 02:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Wadeyboy

"Wadeyboy" wrote in message

I have an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT and just bought a game that's quite
old (Chronicles Of Riddick - Escape From Butcher Bay Directors Cut).
After I installed it, I tried to run it only to get the message "this
application requires
graphics driver support for Open GL 1.3 or higher."
I thought the Geforce cards supported Open GL? My older MX Geforce
card could run stuff in Open GL. I installed
the latest drivers from Nvidia's site but still got the same message.
Can anybody help please?

Thankyou for posting Phil. I've actually solved the problem now. I had
installed the European version of the patch rather than the other
version because I thought the other one was for the American market.
As here in England we are usually thought of as being part of Europe,
especially by the American's, I thought the European patch was meant
for us Brits too. Doh!
Old May 30th 08, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon[_2_]

'Wadeyboy' wrote:
Thankyou for posting Phil. I've actually solved the problem now. I had
installed the European version of the patch rather than the other
version because I thought the other one was for the American market.
As here in England we are usually thought of as being part of Europe,
especially by the American's, I thought the European patch was meant
for us Brits too. Doh!

_____

So how's the game play?

Sorry I couldn't post the URL for the patch, but the website, as I guess you
know, keeps the same URL up throughout the whole chain to the patch. I
guess bizarre things happen when game publisher get bought out.

Perhaps if you'd gone to the euro the patch would have worked?

Phil Weldon