RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (Micron), Safe Mode, NVDD32.DLL

Old October 8th 03, 06:31 PM
Jym Dyer

Default RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (Micron), Safe Mode, NVDD32.DLL

=v= Howdy. I've browsed through past discussions about
Safe Mode mishaps, searching for help on my own. I've got
some info that may make a difference, I dunno. I really
need help on this one.

=v= Windows 98 box with version 4.0. I put the machine into
Safe Mode, then back out again. It has since been unable to
display more than 16 colors, 640x480 pixels (the Safe Mode
settings). Control Panel - Display - Settings lets me
specify larger screens and/or more colors, demands a restart,
but doesn't actually set them.

=v= I noticed that the list of the adapter's drivers is:

nvdisp.drv,*vdd,nvmini.vxd

On identical machines that never went into Safe Mode, there's
this list:

nvdisp.drv,*vdd,nvmini.vxd,NVDD32.DLL

=v= Also, the screen that pops up from the "Advanced" button
is missing two tabbed panes: "Model 64" and "Output Device."

=v= Any ideas what this means, exactly? How to restore it?
_Jym_

Old October 8th 03, 06:34 PM
Jym Dyer

=v= Oh, and as NVDD32.DLL is the DirectDraw driver, the
"Features: DirectDraw 1.00" display is missing from the
Adapter tab.
_Jym_
Old October 10th 03, 05:13 AM
Someguy

=v= Any ideas what this means, exactly? How to restore it?
_Jym_

Simply download and install the latest detonator drivers from www.nvidia.com

Win98 will only load in Safe mode mentalalien General 7 October 8th 04 05:57 PM
video card replaced, machine will only boot to safe mode hiphop General 2 November 5th 03 08:06 AM
Power Surge David LeBrun General 44 September 12th 03 02:35 AM
safe mode! leza Homebuilt PC's 1 July 17th 03 05:05 AM