out of range error in safe mode only

Old August 30th 04, 01:50 PM
Bruce A. Evans

Default out of range error in safe mode only

This has been a real puzzle for me. Neovo LCD monitor and Radeon 8600 Pro
with newest catalyst drivers. XP Pro.
Neovo 17 inch LCD monitor.
Everything works great EXCEPT:
When I boot into safe mode I get "input signal out of range" and black
screen.
This only happens booting into safe mode. It happens with desktop settings
1024x768 (usual) or 800x600, frequency 60hz or 70hz. I can boot into special
VGA mode without problems (but this is not a safe mode with minimal drivers,
etc.).
Any thoughts? I haven't been able to get any kind of a sensible explanation
for this. Is it possible that some setting in my ATI control panel is
causing this behavior in safe mode only?

Old August 30th 04, 10:01 PM
Dr Richard Cranium

hmmm... do you have "plug and play" monitor in your display panel ? You should have the
monitor drivers for the Neovo specified in your display panel monitor thing.

i get the "out of range" on monitors when the video card and/or desktop is defaulting to
something other than "native" monitor mode. You could try to press the "auto" button at
your black screen, on the LCD monitor to try to get it to rethink a mode that matches your
video card.
you need to set your video card to your LCD monitor native mode(s) - not set you monitor
to the video card or desktop settings you prefer.

A great way to shop for LCD monitors is to figure out what desktop setting you want to
view (i.e. 1280z1024x32) then go find the LCD monitor in the stores that displays this
mode either natively or at least includes it in the specifications. Of course within our
budget bandwidth also.

imho: open your monitor manual and see what it expects for native resolution - set that
into your desktop and video card applet. Try those safe modes again.

hope this helps,

** no fate **

dracman

-=-=-

"Bruce A. Evans" bruceaevans@charterdotknet wrote in message
: This has been a real puzzle for me. Neovo LCD monitor and Radeon 8600 Pro
: with newest catalyst drivers. XP Pro.
: Neovo 17 inch LCD monitor.
: Everything works great EXCEPT:
: When I boot into safe mode I get "input signal out of range" and black
: screen.
: This only happens booting into safe mode. It happens with desktop settings
: 1024x768 (usual) or 800x600, frequency 60hz or 70hz. I can boot into special
: VGA mode without problems (but this is not a safe mode with minimal drivers,
: etc.).
: Any thoughts? I haven't been able to get any kind of a sensible explanation
: for this. Is it possible that some setting in my ATI control panel is
: causing this behavior in safe mode only?
:
:

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old September 1st 04, 05:11 PM
Bruce A. Evans

bump
anyone please?

"Bruce A. Evans" bruceaevans@charterdotknet wrote in message
This has been a real puzzle for me. Neovo LCD monitor and Radeon 8600 Pro
with newest catalyst drivers. XP Pro.
Neovo 17 inch LCD monitor.
Everything works great EXCEPT:
When I boot into safe mode I get "input signal out of range" and black
screen.
This only happens booting into safe mode. It happens with desktop settings
1024x768 (usual) or 800x600, frequency 60hz or 70hz. I can boot into
special VGA mode without problems (but this is not a safe mode with
minimal drivers, etc.).
Any thoughts? I haven't been able to get any kind of a sensible
explanation for this. Is it possible that some setting in my ATI control
panel is causing this behavior in safe mode only?

No dma sw mode support for cd writer ggroups2 Asus Motherboards 1 September 4th 04 01:53 AM
K8V and Safe Mode Ed Asus Motherboards 4 February 1st 04 11:51 AM
system hotter than cpu EzAk Overclocking 32 December 22nd 03 06:38 PM
system hotter than cpu EzAk Overclocking AMD Processors 24 December 22nd 03 06:38 PM