Razzle Dazzle Trackball

Old September 24th 17, 04:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Razzle Dazzle Trackball

Good deal just got hot in my little hands. Celebrations.

Amazon private NYC dealer for a new -Not Refurbished- Marble Trackman.
Cost me $22, which is normally closer to $30 for most (including tax
which I escaped). Four buttons easy-pie assignable/programmable to
Logitech's limits of definitions, but nonetheless a great driver going
back decades.

Kensington Orbit, I got down on my knees in hope of salvation,
crapped. As do Logitech's, no less similarly, no less crappily
equipped with over the shoulder, easy to wear out mouse sensors.

A little cheaper over Kensington, I'll hazard. So figure 3-yr's use
at 60c monthly rental is moderately cool. Besides, Kensington drivers
are crap, IMHO. Not to disparage those of you happy with Kensington
brand, just didn't work out well at the lower budget entry I took.

Of course Amazon squeezes, these days, for everything they can get out
of a Prime Membership. And shipping just ain't cheap no more.

I used up my grace earlier, with Amazon and their Prime, by joining
and ordering two 45lb. Olympic and two 25lb. plates. 150lbs to go
with the same price, averaging by pound weight, I got at Sports
Authority for a full Chinese 305lb. Mount Olympic set, including 7-
foot bar. My little Korean car was tiltled and swaying sideways,
returning down the interstate with the passenger side loaded.

By Zeus, I then cancelled the Prime membership, directly after, having
successfully avoided otherwise some heavy-duty shipping fees on that
amount of weight. Warning: Deadlifts can tend be hell on wheels once
certain points are eclipsed.

Without Prime, to get to the focus, I got a fantastic box of colored
pencils, for a couple bucks, in conjunction with the Marble Trackman,
in order hump the deal-breaker, which then occurs so to qualify for
free shipping -- which can vary, mind, according to Amazon, though on
amount usually stated between $25 and $35 on a sum-total of qualifying
merchandise.

OK, then! It's time to be your lucky day, too, in case you're not up
on this stuff haven't subscribed -naghhh not interested- for PRIME.

Here's how it works: go here
http://www.filleritem.com/
enter the amount of money in excess of your primary purchase item(s),
-needed- to meet Amazon's qualifying waiver on shipping fees. And be
sure to double-check before finalizing that order number generation;-
sometimes, even though everything is Kosher, Amazon's computer
warehouse network spits back and pukes up a shipping fee, regardless.

Taxes are taxes, meaning, for the time being, they'll remain neither
here nor the 1) Some merchants do what others 2) do not. The
verdict being obviously still out on whether to squeeze as hard, as
humanly possible, when in Rome, for what is due Rome.
Old September 24th 17, 02:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 23:45:50 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Addendum:

A TrackMan Marble form is two large elliptical primary sensor click
buttons with two independent, miniscule buttons at the upper sides of
both ellipsis. The TrackMan Marble is designed to be ambidextrous,
favoring neither right or left hand.

Of the two buttons, therefore, one will be less readily available
according to a right- or left-handed predilection, in corresponding
with the placement of the smallest "pinky" finger;- the opposite
extremity, the thumb, of course readily will be able find the small
button.

By assigning, to one side, the whole of both small and large click
sensors to the primary Windows' "select/click", and only one button,
the larger ellipsis, to the other physical side of the mouse sensor,
to the secondary Windows' alternate/select, there is decided
advantage.

The wear and tear, spread across both sensors, ought to ensure a
longer lifespan to the device. Better to forgo a decent Logitech
software package and some nice creative possibilities for key
assignments to otherwise a unique mouse layout.

There are, I'm now aware, better built click-sensors in a universe of
mice. The manufacture models I looked at employed superior quality
switches at twice the price, and at a minimum from there upwards, I
paid Logitech. Unfortunately such models required a traditional
established mouse tracking sensor to be allied to surface contact,
divorcing the uniqueness of the "trackball" effect;- a gaming aspect
to these devices as well occurred by far in preponderance.

I don't play games. I'm also right-handed within a limitation for a
left-handed mouse. My body changed to materialized after an interest
for unique studies on input devices, i.e. Devorak and one-handed
keyboards, early along in computing, whereupon I decided to "teach
myself" to be ambidextrous. Which in turn effected what is now a
rigid disposition, I operate within, for the slightest shift, as
possible, to the left hand, in the closest immeasurable distance from
the keyboard layout, whence to perform a dissimilar operation from a
mouse "pointing" device.

Which, by now, I wouldn't change come hell or high water.

Sincerely,
Flash

pinnacle dazzle Richard Müller General 6 November 15th 07 05:31 PM
Dazzle DVC100 robo General 2 June 24th 07 01:07 AM
Dazzle 80 Drivers Mr. TrickyPants Webcams 2 March 17th 05 06:23 AM
I can't get my dazzle card (FAST Dazzle dv.now-AV V1.4) to work? Alistair Smythe Homebuilt PC's 1 June 18th 04 12:19 PM
Dazzle to Input VHS to Computer Carol and Allen Bredt Gateway Computers 4 June 4th 04 03:31 PM