Pivoting And Color/Gama Software For P650

Old January 28th 06, 05:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

Default Pivoting And Color/Gama Software For P650

I've just bought an lcd monitor, Dell 2005fpw, and will be using the
dvi connector to the P650 AGP. Since there are few control options in
DVI with this monitor, is there software I can download from Matrox
that will give me color gamma control while using DVI? Does Matrox
have any landscape/portrait pivot software available? Thank you...
Old February 5th 06, 09:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:55:00 GMT, justindavid
wrote:

I've just bought an lcd monitor, Dell 2005fpw, and will be using the
dvi connector to the P650 AGP. Since there are few control options in
DVI with this monitor, is there software I can download from Matrox
that will give me color gamma control while using DVI? Does Matrox
have any landscape/portrait pivot software available? Thank you...

-- As I guess that the P650 and Parhelia drivers are same, the answer
is positive -- after installing the latest version for your P650, the
pivoting feature is accessed in the Monitor Adjustment section -
Adjust Orientation. As to the color gamma control, if you're looking
for your LCD monitor color profile, it should be included with the
software or available for download at Dell's. For the color gamma
control, some third party utilities can handle this as well.

Edi Zubovic, Crikvenica, Croatia
Old February 6th 06, 12:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

wrote:

I've just bought an lcd monitor, Dell 2005fpw, and will be using the
dvi connector to the P650 AGP. Since there are few control options in
DVI with this monitor, is there software I can download from Matrox
that will give me color gamma control while using DVI? Does Matrox
have any landscape/portrait pivot software available? Thank you...

-- As I guess that the P650 and Parhelia drivers are same, the answer
is positive -- after installing the latest version for your P650, the
pivoting feature is accessed in the Monitor Adjustment section -
Adjust Orientation. As to the color gamma control, if you're looking
for your LCD monitor color profile, it should be included with the
software or available for download at Dell's. For the color gamma
control, some third party utilities can handle this as well.

Edi Zubovic, Crikvenica, Croatia

I was reading the Matrox.com newsgroup before I bought the monitor,
and read a post that said there was no pivoting software included with
the p650 and I thought the post was from a Matrox tech. So I didn't
bother to explore the utility for the relevant software. So thank
you for the reply and pointing me in the right direction. Because the
monitor's OSD doesn't present the option to adjust the contrast I
decided to try PowerStrip which works well in reducing the brightness,
gamma, especially when viewing web pages. Here's the url if you're
interested: http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm
Old February 6th 06, 05:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

wrote:

[...]

-- You're welcome! -- As to pivoting feature, I've got along with my
Samsung monitor (213t) a program for that. In that times, approx. a
year and half ago, there wasn't no pivoting feature included in Matrox
Powerdesk yet, indeed. But they added the feature later and yes, this
is far more convenient.

Yes, Powerstrip is one of very useful utilities! Sometimes such
software is a must if you're at DVI which, apart of brightness, hardly
lets you control anything. But for the most part, nothing is needed,
too.

Edi Zubovic, Crikvenica, Croatia