Anyone heard of or tried...

Old August 1st 05, 03:05 PM
elziko

Default Anyone heard of or tried...

www.skysolutions.co.uk

I've never heared of them but they seem to be the only people holding tock
of an item I want. Anyone tried them or heard anything good or bad about
them?

I did a google groups search on their URL and found NOTHING!

TIA

Old August 1st 05, 03:47 PM
Andrew

"elziko" wrote in message
. uk...
www.skysolutions.co.uk

I've never heared of them but they seem to be the only people holding tock
of an item I want. Anyone tried them or heard anything good or bad about
them?

I did a google groups search on their URL and found NOTHING!

TIA

Youve answered your own question. Use a vendor you know of, there are
plenty to chose from!

Old August 1st 05, 05:15 PM
Andrew

"elziko" wrote in message
. uk...
www.skysolutions.co.uk

I've never heared of them but they seem to be the only people holding tock
of an item I want. Anyone tried them or heard anything good or bad about
them?

I did a google groups search on their URL and found NOTHING!

TIA

forgot to ask what was the item?

Old August 1st 05, 09:34 PM
elziko

forgot to ask what was the item?

I'm looking for one of these:

http://www.skysolutions.co.uk/acatalog/F419B.html

Youve answered your own question. Use a vendor you know of, there are
plenty to chose from!

Thats not really an option, no where else even has an ETA for more stock. I
either buy from them or not at all it would seem unless someone else knows
of a stockist with stock!?

Thanks for your reply!

Old August 1st 05, 10:06 PM
Bruce Stephens

"elziko" writes:

forgot to ask what was the item?

I'm looking for one of these:

http://www.skysolutions.co.uk/acatalog/F419B.html

Youve answered your own question. Use a vendor you know of, there are
plenty to chose from!

Thats not really an option, no where else even has an ETA for more
stock. I either buy from them or not at all it would seem unless
someone else knows of a stockist with stock!?

Looks like it's a relatively new company (domain registered
12-Sep-2004). I'd chance it on just the monitor: pay by credit card,
and there's a limit on what you can lose. You might try emailing them
with some questions, or phoning them, and see what they seem like.

But then I buy stuff from ebuyer, so what do I know? (And pixmania,
for that matter, although even I wouldn't go for their mail order
service, I went to a shop.)
Old August 1st 05, 10:51 PM
David

"elziko" wrote in message
. uk...
forgot to ask what was the item?

I'm looking for one of these:

http://www.skysolutions.co.uk/acatalog/F419B.html

Youve answered your own question. Use a vendor you know of, there are
plenty to chose from!

Thats not really an option, no where else even has an ETA for more stock.
I either buy from them or not at all it would seem unless someone else
knows of a stockist with stock!?

Thanks for your reply!

According to savastore they have 9 in stock

Old August 1st 05, 11:10 PM
Niall Leonard

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:34:24 GMT, "elziko" wrote:

forgot to ask what was the item?

I'm looking for one of these:

http://www.skysolutions.co.uk/acatalog/F419B.html

Youve answered your own question. Use a vendor you know of, there are
plenty to chose from!

Thats not really an option, no where else even has an ETA for more stock. I
either buy from them or not at all it would seem unless someone else knows
of a stockist with stock!?

Thanks for your reply!

Speaking as a fellow punter I would be inclined to view that website
as legit. It has contact phone numbers, addresses, etc, and it takes
plastic. The website copy has been written by a human rather than cut
and pasted from brochures and I couldn't spot any of the typos or
grammatical errors that make me nervous of semi-amateur sites
(although perhaps that's not entirely rational.)

If I were buying I would ring up first to find out if the phone was
answered and maybe get an impression of the person who answered it -
particualry to find out if they really do have stock when no-one else
does. If I ordered I'd use a credit card because of the protection it
offered.

But frankly, it looks like a kosher setup to me, just a bit new is
all. I would happily order from them. But let us know if you get
ripped off and I'll kick myself for you.

nl

Old August 2nd 05, 10:21 AM
elziko

According to savastore they have 9 in stock

Yes, but I have just checked and the have a bad reputation in this newgroup.
Thanks for pointing it out though!

Old August 2nd 05, 01:55 PM
elziko

Well, I rang the company up and they do seem small but the guy was happy
talking to me at length about the product. Although he wasn't aware of
different types of DVI connectors he was happy for me to give him a URL for
a site that exaplins it all so he'd know about it in the future.

Doesn't sound like a company that is likely to muck you around but I guess
I'll find out tomorrow! I went ahead with the order using a credit card.

Old August 3rd 05, 06:41 PM
elziko

Well I think they're fairly new when it comes to retail to the public but
have been doing school, local government etc for a while.

I ordered over the phone so can;t comment on ordering from the website. Was
a bit worried at first after a bit of a faff with tracking numbers and not
getting any confirmation e-mails.

However, i recieved the item, as expected, fully working and delivered next
day.

So in general, thumbs up!