Any dealer got the Samsung ML-1510 in stock for £50?

Old August 1st 05, 02:22 PM
Alex Coleman

On Sun 31 Jul 2005 21:19:39, Steven Campbell wrote:

I bought refill toner for the ML-1520 from consumable cafe at
the same time I bought my ML-1520 printer back in January. After
reading the beginning of this thread and someone pointing out
you couldn't get toner for the ML-1520, I revisited
consumablecafe to see a Warning stating that toner wasn't
available in the UK yet for the ML-1520.

So I fired off an email to them asking why they had sold me
toner for the ML-1520 back in January when they now had a
Warning on the very product they sold me (ML1510 / ML1710).

They replied:
Now you've opened up a bag of worms!! Our ML1510 Samsung toner
is being used quite happily by quite a few customers who has
tested it without any problems on their ML1520 printers which
was a HUGE surprise to me as the ML1520 is simply a completely
different type of toner however I suspect Samsung failed to stop
the lower grade toner from being used as no-one is reporting any
problems using it! I have checked with the toner manufacturer
who have since told me other companies are happily selling the
ML1510 toner as ML1520 toner so I suspect various tests have
proven it not to damage the printer or drum so although my
official stance is that we don't sell toner for the ML1520 I can
safely say many of our customers are using the cheaper ML1510
without any problems.

BIG QUESTION: Can use the new style ML-1520 toner cartridge in my
ML-1510?

If so then I could buy a discounted ML-1520 just for the toner
cartridge as a form of insurance for the day when my 1510
cartridge gets worn and needs replacing after 15,000 sheets.

Also I would have a backup printer for all that time too.

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 2 May 8th 05 09:58 PM
Memory QVL Ðavïd Asus Motherboards 1 April 1st 05 07:26 AM
The cost of Bad Service: Samsung HDD: SP 1614N dt General 10 December 20th 04 09:54 PM
In Stock - my arse. Rhys Jones UK Computer Vendors 1 January 14th 04 11:33 PM
DABS - in stock = out of stock? Neil UK Computer Vendors 0 August 26th 03 05:47 PM