Any dealer got the Samsung ML-1510 in stock for £50?

Old June 30th 05, 06:56 PM
Stevie Boy

Default Any dealer got the Samsung ML-1510 in stock for £50?

A few months after I thought all stocks of the ML-1510 had run out,
it reappeared in some shops (like Staples). Again the printer with
cartridge was £50.

Well here I am hoping that I can still get one at that price. Does
any one know of anywhere still doing the Samsung ML-1510 printer?

Thanks!

Just seen a few in my *local* Staples for £50

Steve

Old July 1st 05, 10:00 AM
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:11:11 +0100, Bill Woods
wrote:

There have been a few threads in both uk.comp.vendors and
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains about the Samung ML-1510
desktop laser printer.

www.office-world.co.uk have the ML-1520 for £39.99 Search for supplier
code: SAMML1520

Old July 1st 05, 10:33 AM
Doug Ramage

--
Doug Ramage

[Watch Spam Trap]

Old July 1st 05, 05:54 PM
Stevie Boy

Out of stock.
--
Doug Ramage

Not in-store there not.... try a Staples.

Steve

Old July 2nd 05, 03:17 AM
Wolf

"Bill Woods" wrote in message
On Fri 01 Jul 2005 10:00:23, s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

There have been a few threads in both uk.comp.vendors and
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains about the Samung ML-1510
desktop laser printer.

www.office-world.co.uk have the ML-1520 for o39.99 Search for
supplier code: SAMML1520

Unfortunately that is the 1520 not the 1510. :-(

the 1520 is the better printer anyway see below none left at office world
on-line

Sorry!
We are short of stock on one or more of the items that you requested. We've
shown the stock that we have available and where possible we have suggested
replacement or alternative items that you may wish to consider.

Old July 2nd 05, 08:35 AM
Dr Teeth

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 03:17:14 +0100, "Wolf" wrote:

the 1520 is the better printer anyway

But the OP does not want it!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old July 31st 05, 09:19 PM
Steven Campbell

"Bill Woods" wrote in message
> [...]

|| |

On Sat 02 Jul 2005 03:17:14, Wolf wrote:

| the 1520 is the better printer anyway see below none left at
| office world on-line

The ML-1520 may be better a printer than the ML-1510 but in terms of
cost of ownership the ML-1520 is far more expensive than the not-so-
different ML-1510.

Refill toner for the ML-1520 is very hard (impossible?) to locate.
OTOH refill toner for the ML-1510 is plentiful and relatively cheap.

Consumable Cafe says you can't refill the Ml-1520 but Refill Toner
say you can. See this thread http://snipurl.com/fzah

I bought refill toner for the ML-1520 from consumable cafe at the same time
I bought my ML-1520 printer back in January. After reading the beginning of
this thread and someone pointing out you couldn't get toner for the ML-1520,
I revisited consumablecafe to see a Warning stating that toner wasn't
available in the UK yet for the ML-1520.

So I fired off an email to them asking why they had sold me toner for the
ML-1520 back in January when they now had a Warning on the very product they
sold me (ML1510 / ML1710).

They replied:
Now you've opened up a bag of worms!! Our ML1510 Samsung toner is being used
quite happily by quite a few customers who has tested it without any
problems on their ML1520 printers which was a HUGE surprise to me as the
ML1520 is simply a completely different type of toner however I suspect
Samsung failed to stop the lower grade toner from being used as no-one is
reporting any problems using it! I have checked with the toner manufacturer
who have since told me other companies are happily selling the ML1510 toner
as ML1520 toner so I suspect various tests have proven it not to damage the
printer or drum so although my official stance is that we don't sell toner
for the ML1520 I can safely say many of our customers are using the cheaper
ML1510 without any problems.

Old July 31st 05, 10:16 PM
GwG

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message

"Bill Woods" wrote in message

[...]

Sounds like Samsung could have been using scare tactics with the 1520's,
to try and dissuade people from refilling them. They probably use the
same toner as the 1510's.

Old August 1st 05, 02:17 PM
Alex Coleman

On Sun 31 Jul 2005 22:16:52, GwG wrote:

Sounds like Samsung could have been using scare tactics with the
1520's, to try and dissuade people from refilling them. They
probably use the same toner as the 1510's.

Seems as if the 1520 can both old
(1510 style and also 1710, 1750, etc)
as well as new
(1520 polyester style).

Now the question is ... who was selling Samsung ML-1520 cheaply.

ISTR I recently saw 1520's for well under £50. Where was that?

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 2 May 8th 05 09:58 PM
Memory QVL Ðavïd Asus Motherboards 1 April 1st 05 07:26 AM
The cost of Bad Service: Samsung HDD: SP 1614N dt General 10 December 20th 04 09:54 PM
In Stock - my arse. Rhys Jones UK Computer Vendors 1 January 14th 04 11:33 PM
DABS - in stock = out of stock? Neil UK Computer Vendors 0 August 26th 03 05:47 PM