Mouse clicking issues, should I change of mouse?

Old September 30th 05, 03:40 PM
CFran

no damn screws on my mouse, some logitech mouse, go figure... besides
tearing the buttons off, I don't see how I could do anything like that.

btw, the right and left button both act in the same weird way... maybe
the switch is not the problem.....

kony wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:33:40 -0600, "Quaoar"
wrote:

kony wrote:
On 28 Sep 2005 15:29:52 -0700, "CFran"
wrote:

I've had for quite awhile now issues with my mouse buttons : when
clicking once, it would act as if i double, even trippled click,
while holding the left button, as for dragging something, something
it would "drop", as if I had quickly released and pressed again the
button, etc...

Does it mean that there's something wrong with my mouse

Most likely, yes. You could fiddle with the driver
settings but it's most likely the button switch.

and that I should just throw it away

Right, at the price of a wired mouse in France, it is economical to tear
the mouse down and then find, if you can, the exact part that fits into
the exact place in the correct way to repair the mouse.

If you're used to doing such things it's not as difficult as
it seems- take a couple screws out, desolder the original
switch, and add a switch to your next online order from an
electronics house. Mouse switches are rather common,
usually one of two types and if someone had an old mouse or
two, odds are they already have a switch then could
cannibalize. Probalby not worth the effort for most, but
last time it took me about 5 minutes, total, as little time
as it would've taken to find another mouse.

Old September 30th 05, 04:24 PM
J. Eric Durbin

On 30 Sep 2005 07:37:28 -0700, "CFran" wrote:

hahaha, you see, mouses ain't even that expensive, maybe because the US
dollar got so low compared to the euro that it advantages us baguette
eaters when we buy some american ****.

Isn't Logitech headquartered in Switzerland?

Old September 30th 05, 06:06 PM
kony

On 30 Sep 2005 07:40:44 -0700, "CFran"
wrote:

no damn screws on my mouse, some logitech mouse, go figure... besides
tearing the buttons off, I don't see how I could do anything like that.

Most logitech (all?) I've seen do use screws but they may be
hidden under the feet or a label, maybe in battery
compartment too if a cordless model.

btw, the right and left button both act in the same weird way... maybe
the switch is not the problem.....

Maybe not... intermittent cable (broken wire inside) is
another semi-common potential fault that could cause it.

Old September 30th 05, 06:08 PM
kony

wrote:

hahaha, you see, mouses ain't even that expensive, maybe because the US
dollar got so low compared to the euro that it advantages us baguette
eaters when we buy some american ****.

Depends on the mouse, some are easily over $30, or more for
the fancy new cordless and laser models. Certainly it's not
worth repairing an $8 mouse.
Old September 30th 05, 11:36 PM
CFran

J. Eric Durbin wrote:
On 30 Sep 2005 07:37:28 -0700, "CFran" wrote:

hahaha, you see, mouses ain't even that expensive, maybe because the US
dollar got so low compared to the euro that it advantages us baguette
eaters when we buy some american ****.

Isn't Logitech headquartered in Switzerland?

oh... well still works, if your american it's gonna be more expensive
to buy a swiss product because of the low value of the dollar .

Old September 30th 05, 11:38 PM
CFran

wrote:

no damn screws on my mouse, some logitech mouse, go figure... besides
tearing the buttons off, I don't see how I could do anything like that.

Most logitech (all?) I've seen do use screws but they may be
hidden under the feet or a label, maybe in battery
compartment too if a cordless model.

oh, you're right, there's one screw hidden under the label. I won't
even bother with taking the label off..

btw, the right and left button both act in the same weird way... maybe
the switch is not the problem.....

Maybe not... intermittent cable (broken wire inside) is
another semi-common potential fault that could cause it.

one more reason for not fixin it, i wouldn't know what i'd have to
fix...