Compaq EP/SB Convertible Computer Case

Old May 6th 04, 03:53 AM
Patrick Dunford

Default Compaq EP/SB Convertible Computer Case

I need to know how to remove the drive bay in this computer so that I can
remove the HDD and CDRom drive.

These cases are a dual configuration desktop/tower case in which the
drive bay can be installed in two different orientations to suit
whichever configuration. They have a large green latch that slides
sideways plus a much smaller yellow latch that moves towards the front of
the case, both are spring loaded and have various markings on them.

They were commonly seen in Compaqs that were sold with full size (not low
profile) cases about 4 - 5 years ago. The case has a removable side (or
top) panel for service access and is distinguished by being fitted with
feet on both the side and bottom of the case so that it can be used
readily in both orientations.

I haven't been able to work out whether for example I need to remove the
plastic front panel of the case and push the bay out through the front
chassis.

HP support gives no information.
Old May 6th 04, 11:27 AM
Richard

I haven't been able to work out whether for example I need to remove the
plastic front panel of the case and push the bay out through the front
chassis.

HP support gives no information.

The case I have like this doesnt have anything in the chassis change, there are
slots for the drives to go in both ways, but you have to change the plastic
bezel on the front. There are 2 tabby bits below the drives to lift the whole
bezel off, and then you should be able to see easily how the drive covers for
the blank 5.25 bay and the trim are removed and turned around.