Geforce FX 5200 128MB Blue Screen (White is blue)

Old April 13th 04, 11:15 PM
Wildbill

Default Geforce FX 5200 128MB Blue Screen (White is blue)

Has anyone had this problem?? I shut down. Next time I booted, I have
no white on my screen. Where it is supposed to be white, it is a pale
bright blue.

Any Suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Wildbill

A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Home SP1

Old April 14th 04, 12:36 AM
teqguy

Wildbill wrote:

Has anyone had this problem?? I shut down. Next time I booted, I have
no white on my screen. Where it is supposed to be white, it is a pale
bright blue.

Any Suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Wildbill

A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Home SP1

A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athalon XP 2800+ Barton Core
2 X- Xerox (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP Home SP1

Had the same issue with previous cards... are you on an LCD monitor?

If so, use the DVIVGA adapter that came with your card, it should
clear up this issue.

I don't know why, but directly connecting to VGA causes a fluctuation
in voltage for LCD monitors. Adding an adapter seems to clear this
issue up.

I can't pinpoint whether it's the card or the monitor, though I'm
putting my money on the card.
Old April 14th 04, 01:05 AM
Wildbill

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:15:24 -0400, Wildbill wrote: Sorry to
bother everyone, but found the problem. A loose cable on the CRT.
Tightened it and everything is fine!

Old April 14th 04, 06:40 AM
teqguy

Wildbill wrote:

[...]

I was close... knew it had to be something to do with the connector ; )