I need to know how to get to Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear the Cmos.

Old January 20th 06, 12:41 AM
cen04543 cen04543 is offline
Junior Member

Question I need to know how to get to Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear the Cmos.

I need to know how to get to Compaq Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear the Cmos I have some 7400s I bought from ebay and they have a cmos password that I need to clear off, also need to know how to get into the cmos setup on the 7400.

Thank You, from Ken Walker, have a great day.
Old January 22nd 06, 05:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default I need to know how to get to Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clearthe Cmos.

cen04543 a écrit:
I need to know how to get to Compaq Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear
the Cmos I have some 7400s I bought from ebay and they have a cmos
password that I need to clear off, also need to know how to get into
the cmos setup on the 7400.

Thank You, from Ken Walker, have a great day.

I am sorry for you, but the passwords on the Armadas are stored in flash
memory, so removing the CMOS battery will do nothing for you! I have a
7792 which I never got to run because of an unknown password :-(

Old January 22nd 06, 09:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

jerome wrote:

cen04543 a écrit:

I need to know how to get to Compaq Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear
the Cmos I have some 7400s I bought from ebay and they have a cmos
password that I need to clear off, also need to know how to get into
the cmos setup on the 7400.

Thank You, from Ken Walker, have a great day.

I am sorry for you, but the passwords on the Armadas are stored in flash
memory, so removing the CMOS battery will do nothing for you! I have a
7792 which I never got to run because of an unknown password :-(

Hello

I cannot see the original post so I am replying via this message.

I'd hang in there as I am sure this has been raised and successfully
answered before in this newsgroup. Hopefully someone will help.

If you need it, I have the technicians manual for this notebook in PDF
format & can send to you.

Echy
Melbourne Australia
www.thatsmelbourne.com.au
Old January 22nd 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

--
cen04543

You will have to call Hewlett-Packard Support (Check website for
number) to get help. If you can prove to their satisfaction that
you are the owner, they will tell you how to reset it.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Old February 20th 06, 11:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default I need to know how to get to Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery t

If you have a burner on your laptop you can back it up, burn it to a
cd and then reformat the hard drive with a bootdisk that you can
download free frombootdisk.com. I only burned the files that I
created myself, reformatted the hard drive, reloaded windows and all
the software programs I owned and that was it.

Can a flat CMOS battery slow your system down? Lee Harris General 5 November 27th 05 04:42 AM
A7N8X Motherboard Low Temperature Sensitivity, CMOS Checksum Error kony General 6 October 18th 04 05:38 AM
cmos battery (continued) philo General 3 May 14th 04 01:13 AM
cmos battery philo General 4 May 11th 04 12:46 PM
CMOS Battery Retainer MH General 2 January 12th 04 12:38 AM