Samsung ML-2151N and Memory Upgrade

Old June 27th 04, 07:20 AM
Winey

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:02:48 -0400, "Larry" wrote:

I've already been through all this with Samsung. You are wasting your time.
Trust me...

Their only response, regardless of what you say, is "Buy our module. Here
is the part number".

I'm not wasting my time if I order the Simple-Tech module and it works
once I plug it in.

I guess what you're saying is that it is a waste of time to get a
firmware upgrade from Samsung. OK, in the meantime I've saved over
$400. Not too bad.

Of course, I wonder what "marketing guy" thought up this one! Maybe
an ex-Sony employee? I would expect this kind of stunt from them.

Of course they are charging $500 for it.

-Larry

"Winey" wrote in message
.. .

I emailed Simple Tech recently to ask about their ML-215x 128 MB
upgrade showing up as 256 MB. their response was essentially that
their upgrade product works fine, people are happy with it, and the
mis-reporting of printer memory is a printer firmware issue, for
which Samsung should issue an upgrade.

Anyone know how to actually contact Samsung support and get their
attention?

Old August 24th 04, 11:25 PM
Winey

Here is part of a thread, from May 18 of this year. I myself was the
last poster. I'm posting this for those people interested in
upgrading the memory on their ML 2150 printer.

Someone recently posted a note saying that the SimpleTech 128 MB
upgrade caused problems with Postscript fonts at 1200 dpi, and these
problems disappeared when he removed the SIMM from his 2150 series
printer. So as a result of that posting, "BUY PRINTER MEMORY UPGRADE"
went on to my priority 3 list.

I'm still interested in upgrading the memory of my ML 2152W, so I
checked again on the URL below, and found mostly the same results.
Except for Kahlon, everyone else wanted over $400 for the upgrade.

Kahlon, however, is charging only $26. Does anyone have experience
with this item for the ML 1650 printer (same part number as for ML
2150):

http://www.kahlon.com/result.asp?src...M0MD&ovtac=CMP

Then I also checked on the Kahlon site for ML2150 series memory and
found something different. This is a different part number, "call for
web price," and "in stock."
http://www.kahlon.com/rn610590_Samsu...0_Printer.html

I called and they said that the part would not be in stock for 3-4
months, and they could not quote a price.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 22:25:48 -0700, Winey
wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2004 13:37:22 -0400, "Larry" wrote:

One of the first Google sites to pop up gave me this comparison:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p_samsung-...ram_1991244614

It seems weird that except for this one store Kahlon (more about
later) all the stores were charging above $400 for this memory
upgrade! On other sites, I found prices up to $800!! For a printer
that costs only $500 or so???

Kahlon's price was only $32.00, but if you check them on
www.resellerratings.com your hair will stand on end! Their ratings
was 4.42 and I normally never buy from vendors rated under 6.00.