odd problem with a VERY old PB laptop

Old May 11th 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Default odd problem with a VERY old PB laptop

So, I've still got an OLD PB286lpv "Laptop". Now this thing has worked
since before 1992 when I first got it, and is still useful..

But it has developed an odd problem in its geezerhood. The lcd display
is showing a collection of odd letters instead of those it should. You
can still type in commands, and it still does what it should, but the
display is unreadable....most of the time. If I run DOSSHELL, the
display clears up, and appears almost fine, until I switch applications.
Graphical programs seem fine, but any time i need to use the system
screen it gets all wonky again....

Any thoughts...