Last optimal driver for Ti4200 128 8x & WIN98SE?

Old September 14th 03, 01:52 PM
[]V[] e g a []V[] a d

Default Last optimal driver for Ti4200 128 8x & WIN98SE?

Hi!

I am experiencing some strange (video-card related ?) distortions on my
screen (discolored pixels in 2D, white pizelated lines across screen in 3D)
and some unexpected (video-card related ?) hangs, crashes or
"return-to-desktop"-exits when using 3D (games, screensaver) or massive 2D
operations (Photoshop, capturing, scanning).

Asus V9280/TD 128 MB 8x AGP
MSI MS-6309 V1
Celeron 1 GHz @ 1.13 Ghz
512 MB SDRAM PC-133
2x 40 GB Maxtor IDE

All this happened somewhere between or after:
1) moving from ASUS driver (43.45D) to nVidia driver (43.45)
2) upgrading DirectX from 8.1b to 9.1a
3) upgrading tot latest nVidia driver (45.23)

Before I completely reinstall everything I would like to know if there is a
last known optimal driver for a Ti4200 with WIN98SE because I don't need the
support for WinXP/2000 or the Ti5200-5700.

Please advice!

Greetings, Leo

Old September 14th 03, 03:12 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:52:56 +0200, In this world we created "[]V[] e
g a []V[] a d" wrote :

[...]

Before you try a different driver use Safemode/Device Mangler as per,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html
so that windows can refresh the driver entries.

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old September 14th 03, 03:42 PM
Flow

I use 41.09 the newer ones are not faster and some of them have ugly fonts
in desktop screen.
Works fine i got 12000 with 3dmark2001se
MSI Kt3 ultra
amd xp2400+ no oc'ing
pc2700 512mb ddr corsair xms
Asus gf4 ti4400 128mb core 300mhz. mem 600mhz det.41.09
realtek ethernet card 1
realtek ethernet card 2
SB live 5.1 soundblaster
56kpci modem v92 trust
liteon dvd player
hp 9300i cd writer
floppy drive
ibm deskstar 60gig 7200rpm
superflower 420w psu with aopen h600 case.
Win98se with all updates.

"[]V[] e g a []V[] a d" schreef in bericht

Old September 14th 03, 04:42 PM
[]V[] e g a []V[] a d

"Shep©" schreef in bericht
g a []V[] a d" wrote :

Hi!

I am experiencing some strange (video-card related ?) distortions on my
screen (
Before I completely reinstall everything I would like to know if there is

last known optimal driver for a Ti4200 with WIN98SE because I don't need

the
support for WinXP/2000 or the Ti5200-5700.

Before you try a different driver use Safemode/Device Mangler as per,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html
so that windows can refresh the driver entries.

HTH

Thanks Shep!

I bookmarked your pages for future reference...

I already cycle trough - uninstall - reboot - manual deletion off
left-overs (ini, inf, files, folders, reg-entries) - reboot - reinstall -
every time I need to replace or reinstall software or drivers....

I tracked the latest changes with CleanSweep from Norton/Symantec. I also
will use Detonator Destroyer.

WML ;-)

Leo

Old September 14th 03, 04:43 PM
[]V[] e g a []V[] a d

"Flow" schreef in bericht
I use 41.09 the newer ones are not faster and some of them have ugly

fonts
in desktop screen.
Works fine i got 12000 with 3dmark2001se
MSI Kt3 ultra
amd xp2400+ no oc'ing
pc2700 512mb ddr corsair xms
Asus gf4 ti4400 128mb core 300mhz. mem 600mhz det.41.09
realtek ethernet card 1
realtek ethernet card 2
SB live 5.1 soundblaster
56kpci modem v92 trust
liteon dvd player
hp 9300i cd writer
floppy drive
ibm deskstar 60gig 7200rpm
superflower 420w psu with aopen h600 case.
Win98se with all updates.

I will start with that one!
Do you have DX9 installed ?

Thank you,
Leo

Old September 14th 03, 11:22 PM
Flow

"[]V[] e g a []V[] a d" schreef in bericht

[...]

No im still on dx8.1 since dx9 offers little improvement for my ti4400.
I have tried it though and made no difference in performance or anything.
After some comp probs i reinstalled os and did not find it usefull at
present to install dx 9.xx

Old September 15th 03, 07:29 AM
Bob

"[]V[] e g a []V[] a d" wrote in message
Hi!

I am experiencing some strange (video-card related ?) distortions on my
screen (discolored pixels in 2D, white pizelated lines across screen in

3D)
and some unexpected (video-card related ?) hangs, crashes or
"return-to-desktop"-exits when using 3D (games, screensaver) or massive 2D
operations (Photoshop, capturing, scanning).

I have most these problems with the same card plus small green and red dots
across graphics. Did a diagnostic test and found out that the video RAM is
faulty. The card is under warranty fortunately so back to the dealer it will
go!

Bob

Old September 15th 03, 08:00 PM
[]V[] e g a []V[] a d

"Bob" schreef in bericht
u...

"[]V[] e g a []V[] a d" wrote in message
Hi!

I am experiencing some strange (video-card related ?) distortions on my
screen (discolored pixels in 2D, white pizelated lines across screen in

3D)
and some unexpected (video-card related ?) hangs, crashes or
"return-to-desktop"-exits when using 3D (games, screensaver) or massive

2D
operations (Photoshop, capturing, scanning).

I have most these problems with the same card plus small green and red

dots
across graphics. Did a diagnostic test and found out that the video RAM is
faulty. The card is under warranty fortunately so back to the dealer it

will
go!

Bob

What diagnostic test?! Couldn't find any (yet!)...

Leo

Old September 16th 03, 07:48 AM
Bob

What diagnostic test?! Couldn't find any (yet!)...

Leo

It's called "BurnInTest" and a demo can be downloaded from
http://www.passmark.com

Bob

Old September 18th 03, 08:21 PM
[]V[] e g a []V[] a d

"Bob" schreef in bericht
u...

What diagnostic test?! Couldn't find any (yet!)...

Leo

It's called "BurnInTest" and a demo can be downloaded from
http://www.passmark.com

Bob

Thanks you!

Found similar WIN-programs and some DOS-boot utils but none of them reported
any problems.
Went to the store today: they will try to replace my card, or when no
similar card is available upgrade me to a newer card ;-)

And they gave me a 'brand new' TNT 64 Pro to overlap 'till the
replacement/upgrade arrives!

I'm a happy man already...

Leo