Dabs - are you letting me down

Old August 30th 03, 12:47 AM
text news

Default Dabs - are you letting me down

An order placed early p.m. 27/8 for items in stock showed "awaiting packing"
soon afterwards.
It still shows "awaiting packing" (1 a.m. 30/8).
I have e-mailed twice (there does not appear to be a phone number I can use)
as it is essential that the invoice show August as that is the end of my
financial year.
No reply, no contact at all.
It is beginning to look as though delivery will be late and the invoice date
will screw me up.
I am posting here in the hope that someone from Dabs may read it, what else
am I supposed to do.
Les

Old August 30th 03, 01:48 AM
Yoda

Is that in the sense of going to Bolton n hunting the DABS staff members
like big game ;-)

Yoda.

Old August 30th 03, 01:56 AM
text news

Prey?

Nice one.....!!

Les

Old August 30th 03, 12:32 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"text news" wrote in message
An order placed early p.m. 27/8 for items in stock showed "awaiting

packing"
soon afterwards.

Hopefully, you will get your package.

Advice for next time - If you *need* an invoice for a product before the end
of August 2003 I would not recommend ordering it online on 27th. That is
simply asking for trouble. Monday was a bank holiday, backlogs of stuff to
ship cause a knock on for a short period to all subsequent orders.

g.

Old September 1st 03, 10:13 PM
text news

Oh well, Monday night, my order placed last Wednesday just after lunch still
shows "awaiting packing", no reply to e-mails (Dabs claim 4 hours to reply!!
Oh Yeah!!) No phone number to contact them on.
Am I surprised? probably not.
So no change there then.
Dabs are just not worth dealing with, I sometimes wonder why I keep drifting
back to them.
I place more and more orders these days with microcomputer warehouse and
they have not let me down yet. The order that I placed with them, also last
Wednesday and later than the Dabs order, arrived next day. I am still
waiting for the stuff rom Dabs. It would not be so bad if they would at
least respond to e-mails!
Maybe this really is the last straw. They just do not deserve me.

Les

Old September 3rd 03, 09:22 AM
text news

To make it even worse.
Dabs took the money from my credit card on the 27th, the day the order was
placed. That was last Wednesday, now a week later still no goods, still no
reply to any e-mails.
That is the last straw.
This time I am resolved never to use them again.... EVER!
The complete inability to make telephone contact and talk to someone makes
it even more frustrating.

Les

Neon-soft wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:13:20 +0100, "text news"
wrote:

[...]

I'm in the same boat unfortunately. Ordered a hard drive from Dabs
last week. Order status changed to "awaiting packing" and stayed there
ever since. Took them 2 days to respond to my email. Their response
was that "the delay is due to an internal error" and to basically
bear with them!!! No timescale was given as to when their internal
error would be resolved though.

Neil