compaq presario 2700

Old February 20th 04, 05:48 PM
DAH

Default compaq presario 2700

I have a Compaq Presario 2700 laptop 1.13ghz that shuts down almost
constantly with no warning. You can hear the fan speed up and then it just
shuts completely down. I took it to a local shop and they said it was too
extensive of a hardware problem for them to fix! PLEASE HELP...

A friend suggested the HD maybe but how can I tell? I went to event viewer
and there were numerous errors and while I was looking a message popped up
saying the file was corrupt and dumped them all. And yes I have tried both
battery and dc and it still does it.

--
Dale A Hurst
General Manager

www.ebay.com - decaturjewelry

Old February 22nd 04, 04:42 AM
Knight Diver

I had the same problem with mine. The problem is the heatsink assembly.
They will put a heatsink assembly in that will work like the original one
was supposed to. The original part does not function as it should, heats up
more than it should, and the paste finally lets go. Your unit is shutting
down because it is running hot.

I'm not sure what the charge is, but if you send it in to HP, this is what
they will do to fix it. Mine failed a month outside of the 1-year warranty
window. So after talking with several tech support people based in India ,
they talked me into buying a 3-year warranty. Then I got to send the unit
in for repair...

Regards,

Randy Hoch
Spring, TX

"DAH" wrote in message
I have a Compaq Presario 2700 laptop 1.13ghz that shuts down almost
constantly with no warning. You can hear the fan speed up and then it

just
shuts completely down. I took it to a local shop and they said it was too
extensive of a hardware problem for them to fix! PLEASE HELP...

A friend suggested the HD maybe but how can I tell? I went to event viewer
and there were numerous errors and while I was looking a message popped up
saying the file was corrupt and dumped them all. And yes I have tried both
battery and dc and it still does it.

--
Dale A Hurst
General Manager
Decatur Jewelry & Pawn
Decatur, IL 62526

www.ebay.com - decaturjewelry

Compaq FAQ (new link included) HH Compaq Computers 0 January 24th 04 02:29 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 January 20th 04 01:23 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 November 7th 03 03:30 PM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM