Asus P4SD-LA Audio Problems

Old October 10th 03, 12:58 AM
Karl M. North

Default Asus P4SD-LA Audio Problems

Hello All,
First let me thank you for the countless problems this group has helped
me fix while I have been lurking. I figure it's time to de-lurk and ask the
folks who know. I have been pulling out what little hair I have left over
this one. I have 3 new HP systems - they all use the Asus P4SD-LA mobo. At
my wonderful bosses request, I wiped the factory installed OS and installed
WinXP Pro. Everything works wonderful except I cannot get front channel
audio on any of these units. I have gone to Realtek's website and gotten
Driver v3.49 for the onboard ALC650 - AC'97. It installs pretty and no
problem in device manager. Looks like it should be playing audio just fine.
HP's been NOOOOO Help, Asus won't talk to me at all because it's an OEM only
board, Realtek's ONE USA based tech support guy is in TAIWAN this week!!
Before you ask, I have checked windows volume / slider setting, BIOS
version (Current), Different speakers and configurations, and I have
re-installed the factory installed OS with CD's HP sent to me. Nothing works
for front channel audio. I can get rear channel audio all day. :-( Help!

Thanks,
Karl North
Systems Admin

Old October 10th 03, 07:49 PM
Shep©

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:58:29 -0500, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Karl M. North" OPM AT email
DOT com wrote :

[...]

Have you tried an Asus news group and an HP news group?
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
comp.sys.hp.hardware
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in gmx for email

Asus Vs. Intel mobo Dan J.S. General 4 September 21st 03 02:07 AM
Asus A7V333 rev. 1.02 + AMD XP1800+ Jean General 0 September 6th 03 08:57 PM
Motherboard problems - abit and Asus [email protected] General 1 August 31st 03 08:13 PM
DVD Not Playing Audio Tom Rossi General 4 August 18th 03 08:39 PM
Asus Gf4 4200ti vs. generic vs. Asus fx5200 Bob Knowlden General 8 August 9th 03 04:59 AM