cd cleaners.

Old October 20th 03, 09:25 AM
MrJumbles

Default cd cleaners.

G'day all ,
I have begun to notice that a lot of cdr's that i burn at 24x can't be read
by a lot of older(3 years+) cdrom players on systems that i am
rebuilding..It doesn't seem to be related to speed as quite often an old
40X drive will have the same problem as a much older 8x ..I have seen those
cd lens cleaner kits..worthwhile getting?? or are those old drives just not
capable of reading todays fast burnt cdr's.
thanks for any info or insights.

Old October 20th 03, 10:57 AM
AJ

G'day all ,
I have begun to notice that a lot of cdr's that i burn at 24x can't be read
by a lot of older(3 years+) cdrom players on systems that i am
rebuilding..It doesn't seem to be related to speed as quite often an old
40X drive will have the same problem as a much older 8x ..I have seen those
cd lens cleaner kits..worthwhile getting?? or are those old drives just not
capable of reading todays fast burnt cdr's.
thanks for any info or insights.

The older ones don't like certian color disks. Try another brand of
blank CD's.
------------
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco
Old October 20th 03, 07:38 PM
Shep©

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:25:21 +0800, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "MrJumbles"
wrote :

G'day all ,
I have begun to notice that a lot of cdr's that i burn at 24x can't be read
by a lot of older(3 years+) cdrom players on systems that i am
rebuilding..It doesn't seem to be related to speed as quite often an old
40X drive will have the same problem as a much older 8x ..I have seen those
cd lens cleaner kits..worthwhile getting?? or are those old drives just not
capable of reading todays fast burnt cdr's.
thanks for any info or insights.

They are not designed for PC Cdrom lens and can damage them.Don't use
them.See other posts as Photographer's clean compressed air cans can
sometimes help if you do suspect the lens but even these can shift
more dust onto the lens if the user is unlucky :/

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in gmx for email