UPS with a " I don't want it to beep when lose power' option

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 15th 07, 01:10 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

Default UPS with a " I don't want it to beep when lose power' option

I can't be the only one with this issue and can't find an alternative.
Advice? Different vendor ?
I've got a few of these home-office-sized UPS 350VA, 500VA from APC and
when I lose power at the house, I CANNOT turn off the #$%'ing beeping
noise ! There is ONE in the bedroom that I would want to wake me up (
CPAC machine), and I'd then silence it. I asked a few months ago at APC
website 'how to disable?' - no response. I'd like to be able to go back to
bed without hearing the 'no power alarm' beep every 20 seconds from each
UPS until the batteries die ( from BEEPING !). I would like to have no
beep at all from the others ( in Living room for tuner/tv/etc, one for
each pc etc.)
I want to avoid roaming the house in the dark to unplug each UPS. It makes
no sense to me that the ONLY way to go back to bed is to UNLUG
everything - kinda defeats the whole reason for BUYING one doesn't it ?!
If I should lose power, I want the PC UPS to give me enough time to power
down gracefully - quietly. The one for the TV/Tuner is just so that I
don't have to reprogram everything after power outage.

I used to have a pro series APC SU600 for main PC that had a 'push here to
silence the alarm' button and I assumed that all UPS would have it.
I'm checking computer stores online - Cyberpower seems same way - site
mentions alarm but not that you can turn it off.
Anyone have a reasonably priced UPS that you can disable the beeping ?

Thanks
Bobb