Staples Prof. Glossy Photo Paper

Old August 8th 03, 01:43 AM
Mary

Default Staples Prof. Glossy Photo Paper

Just bought a Canon i950 photo printer. Thought I would use my cheap Staples
Professional Glossy Photo Paper to get the color and quality settings
adjusted. The prints were HORRIBLE! I tried so many different setting but
the results were always the same. The prints were blotchy and you could
actually see where the rollers touched the paper! They looked WORSE than the
prints from my old HP 870.. which isn't made for photos!

I had the phone in hand to call tech support when I decided to give my Epson
Premium Glossy Photo Paper a try. Voila.. a perfect print! :-) These ones
look as good as the ones from photo labs!

So this just proves the point.. "You get what you pay for!"

I also want to thank all of you for posting your thoughts on photo printers.
This group had a major role in my decision between the Epson 960 and the
Canon. I LOVE my Canon! :-)

Mary

Old August 8th 03, 03:41 AM
Mary

Check out the printers forum on www.dpreview.com They say Ilford paper is
great, but I haven't seen any on store shelves.

"jkh" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:43:47 -0400, "Mary"
wrote:

[...]

Thank you for the post Mary.
I just got a 850 and was just browsing around for paper suggestions. I
tried 3 brands already of stock i had laying around for the past year.
Kodak didnt do well at all. It may be fine for smaller photos but not
the best over all...

I also have a pack of jet-print photo which didnt do well either.

Hope to hear some more reports. I will post my findings as well..

Old August 9th 03, 06:11 PM
BF

I agree with your first two choices and have never tried Office Deopt so I
can't comment on it. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate Canon Paper Pro 10 and
Red River Ultra Pro Gloss 9.5. I found a couple pictures that looked
slightly better with the Canon but everything else I couldn't see a
difference. I am talking about looking at them under a magnifying glass
though.

And I love my Canons.......

Canon Pro paper is best, With Red River 68lb. UltraPro Gloss (look it up

on
google) next, and OfficeDepot Premium High Gloss Photo Paper,3rd (but

still
excellent results).

Old August 11th 03, 02:16 PM
Lisa Duskis

Ilford is a nice paper - good weight, actually -looks- like a photo because
it feels like one. Ilford are actually a company that manufactures film,
photo paper etc - mainly dealing with black and white. I've been exclusively
using their papers when i'm in a darkroom environment...

as for where you can get it - its not normally available in places like
staples, officedepot etc... most photo places, like WB Hunt, B+H photo etc
stock it...

OR...
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...od/products.ht

ilford have a dealer locator :
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...htm/dealer.asp

A pack of 25 sheets of classic pearl (semi-gloss like finish) for $13 +
shipping

-- Lisa

Photo paper Don Davis Printers 2 August 5th 03 07:55 AM
Canon i550/850 visible diffs of photo on plain paper Heli Hickle Printers 0 August 4th 03 10:16 AM
HP Photo paper in Canon i850 Trev Printers 1 August 2nd 03 02:21 PM
HP Deskjet 720c Glossy Paper Sinjac Printers 0 July 20th 03 04:04 AM
EPSON C70 - Can I NOW use true BLACK ink with GLOSSY paper? Chris Wilkins Printers 0 June 28th 03 11:29 PM