what do i need to write DVDs?

Old November 28th 03, 06:17 AM
Mr. E. Mann

Kevin Edwards wrote in
:

I highly recommend getting a Mac. Get one with a Superdrive, and it
will come with iMovie, iDVD, FireWire, all in a system that is very
easy to use, learn, and deal with in general.

Macs suck ass! The only thing macs are good at are emptying your wallet. I
know, I'm an editor at a company that uses Macs, and even the die-hard mac
fanatics are starting to get tired of the problems and outrageous expenses
associated with them.

Use a PC and whatever you do Stay away from Premiere. It's outragiously
slow for editing MPG files.
Old November 28th 03, 06:51 AM
None

"Colon Terminus" wrote in
:

Ok ... cool.

Truce?

"Max Volume" wrote in message
m...
In article , Colon
Terminus wrote:

Hi Max,

What you don't seem to get is the limited budget that Marcellus had
for his equipment. I fail to see how he could work a TBC into
that budget along with everything else.

Okay, let me explain this one more time. I am *not* suggesting a TBC
to Marcellus. I am simply telling the idiot who suggested that he
needn't bother with a "home hobby" setup and instead try for a
"professional workstation" that included a macrovision buster that
such devices are in NO way "professional" equipment. In short, the
guy didn't have a ****ing clue what professionals really use. Learn
to follow the threads, and I think you'll be a lot better off.

Anyhow, I grow weary of this diversion. It's been fun, sorta,
pulling the strings and watching you dance like the good little
marionette you are. So long for now, have a good life.

Ah yes, trying to create the illusion of control when you realize you
don't have a leg to stand on. The fact that every time you **** up
I'm going to be there to call you on it hardly seems to me to be a
situation where *you're* "pulling the strings" so to speak.

Max, Are you a 5 year old kid or just a Father****ing Asshole, Why the
hostility you ****Nut, Cant you answer a GodDamned Question without
insulting people you CumSucking piece of dog****.If you cant maybe you
should take your ****ty computer and shove it up your ass. God Damn!, I
hate assholes like you. Oh and BTW, dont bother replying, I wont see it,
you have hit my ****list, For the Braindead like you thats Ignore list.

Yours Truly
Mr, Asshole
Old November 28th 03, 06:52 AM
stacey

Mr. E. Mann wrote:

Kevin Edwards wrote in
:

I highly recommend getting a Mac. Get one with a Superdrive, and it
will come with iMovie, iDVD, FireWire, all in a system that is very
easy to use, learn, and deal with in general.

Macs suck ass! The only thing macs are good at are emptying your wallet. I
know, I'm an editor at a company that uses Macs, and even the die-hard mac
fanatics are starting to get tired of the problems and outrageous expenses
associated with them.

Use a PC and whatever you do Stay away from Premiere. It's outragiously
slow for editing MPG files.

Uh it depends on the hardware.. On an AMD system, yep it's dog slow as it
doesn't have SSE2 support which premier uses. Video editing is one of the
few things I feel a P4 is MUCH better at than an AMD based system
--

Stacey
Old November 28th 03, 07:58 AM
stacey

None wrote:

Max, Are you a 5 year old kid or just a Father****ing Asshole, Why the
hostility you ****Nut,

LOL, good thing you don't have any hostility bottled up!

--

Stacey
Old November 28th 03, 06:07 PM
Urra Dipschitt

In article ,
"Mr. E. Mann" wrote:

Macs suck ass! The only thing macs are good at are emptying your wallet. I
know, I'm an editor at a company that uses Macs, and even the die-hard mac
fanatics are starting to get tired of the problems and outrageous expenses
associated with them.

You don't have ****ing clue what you are talking about dumbass. Emptying
your wallet!? What a moron! Have you ever heard the phrase "total cost
of ownership"? Didn't think so.

And exactly what problems are we talking about? The fact the ****ing
thing doesn't crash like the dumbass PC you think is so wonderful?

If you are gonna say **** like this, at least back it up you ****ing
idiot.
Old November 29th 03, 02:43 PM
Videofreak

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 01:52:56 -0500, stacey wrote:

Use a PC and whatever you do Stay away from Premiere. It's outragiously
slow for editing MPG files.

Uh it depends on the hardware.. On an AMD system, yep it's dog slow as it
doesn't have SSE2 support which premier uses. Video editing is one of the
few things I feel a P4 is MUCH better at than an AMD based system
--

Stacey

Not to mention that its only the end user that edits mpegs. Rarely is
it the "Professional". Guess what. Premiere is a "Pro tool" Not so
much anymore but once upon a time it was THEE app. Premiere Pro if I
recall is designed to handle mpegs this time around.

Videofreak
"And then, the earth being small, mankind will
migrate into space, and will cross the airless
Sahara's which separate planet from planet and
sun from sun. The earth will become a holy land
which will be visited by pilgrims from all quarters
of the universe."
Old November 29th 03, 02:48 PM
Videofreak

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:07:07 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
wrote:

Macs suck ass! The only thing macs are good at are emptying your wallet. I
know, I'm an editor at a company that uses Macs, and even the die-hard mac
fanatics are starting to get tired of the problems and outrageous expenses
associated with them.

You don't have ****ing clue what you are talking about dumbass. Emptying
your wallet!? What a moron! Have you ever heard the phrase "total cost
of ownership"? Didn't think so.

And exactly what problems are we talking about? The fact the ****ing
thing doesn't crash like the dumbass PC you think is so wonderful?

If you are gonna say **** like this, at least back it up you ****ing
idiot.

MACS are no better than PC's. MACS statistically crash just as often
as PC's. This based on a huge survey some PC mag did.

The only thing thats better about MAC's is that they are less
susceptible to virii because most virri are geared toward screwing
with systems using certain microsoft apps

Old December 2nd 03, 02:55 PM
Willi

Urra Dipschitt wrote in message ...
In article ,
"Mr. E. Mann" wrote:

Macs suck ass! The only thing macs are good at are emptying your wallet. I
know, I'm an editor at a company that uses Macs, and even the die-hard mac
fanatics are starting to get tired of the problems and outrageous expenses
associated with them.

You don't have ****ing clue what you are talking about dumbass. Emptying
your wallet!? What a moron! Have you ever heard the phrase "total cost
of ownership"? Didn't think so.

And exactly what problems are we talking about? The fact the ****ing
thing doesn't crash like the dumbass PC you think is so wonderful?

If you are gonna say **** like this, at least back it up you ****ing
idiot.

Yeah, its true, I prefer a pc but MACS are much faster and crash alot
less, and they are easier to fix. but they lack the customizibility or
PC
Old December 4th 03, 05:05 PM
Todd H.

Videofreak writes:
MACS are no better than PC's. MACS statistically crash just as often
as PC's. This based on a huge survey some PC mag did.

This is supported in my own experience as well comparing OS X to
Windows 2000. Windows 95/98/ME don't count as they aren't real
operating systems and are in comparison horrible unstable.

However, my first experience with Panther (OS X 10.3) was to watch a
simple Java applet in the web browser somehow hang the whole machine.
I was surprised to see that one misbehaving app could hang the whole
OS when Macs were supposedly so much more stable.

Feh.

But don't worry, it's ****ty on both sides of the fence.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Disk Write Erron Brian Walsh General 3 October 15th 03 05:51 AM
cd/rw drive:need one that will write cd text Tone General 0 September 27th 03 01:15 PM
Turning off 'Write Protect' on SmartMedia Cards? Jacko General 1 September 1st 03 01:29 AM
Best software for backup up files and copying DVDs with DVD-R drive? Some One General 5 August 10th 03 07:20 AM
playing DVDs on ordinary cd-rom drives... KILOWATT General 1 July 20th 03 11:11 AM