Quality black ATX case

Old November 15th 03, 06:46 AM
@drian

Default Quality black ATX case

Can anyone recommend a quality black case with 120mm fan mounts and
provisions to cool two fast hard drives? Full or mid tower is fine. I've
tried the Antec Sonata but didn't like it as it didn't provide sufficient
cooling for the hard drives.

Thanks.

@drian.

Old November 15th 03, 10:30 AM
nightic

"@drian" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a quality black case with 120mm fan mounts and
provisions to cool two fast hard drives? Full or mid tower is fine. I've
tried the Antec Sonata but didn't like it as it didn't provide sufficient
cooling for the hard drives.

Perhaps the 'Yeong Yang 5601'.

Not entirely Black but does include 120mm intake & exhaust
fan-mounting support:

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20030804/case-42.html

http://www.modthebox.com/review228_1.shtml

http://www.subzerotech.com/index/mod...isplay/id/5187

Old November 15th 03, 12:56 PM

How about the Lian Li PC-71?

http://www.lian-li.com/

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:46:36 GMT, "@drian" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a quality black case with 120mm fan mounts and
provisions to cool two fast hard drives? Full or mid tower is fine. I've
tried the Antec Sonata but didn't like it as it didn't provide sufficient
cooling for the hard drives.

Thanks.

@drian.

It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
-- Andrew Jackson
Old November 15th 03, 02:32 PM
Bob Day

"@drian" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a quality black case with 120mm fan mounts and
provisions to cool two fast hard drives? Full or mid tower is fine. I've
tried the Antec Sonata but didn't like it as it didn't provide sufficient
cooling for the hard drives.

Crosspost; don't multipost.

-- Bob Day

Old November 15th 03, 07:48 PM
@drian

"Bob Day" wrote in message

Crosspost; don't multipost.

I'll post however I like, thanks. Geez, I deliberatly DIDN'T crosspost as
some people have a chip on their shoulder about it. And now you're moaning
because I didn't crosspost! You can't win. As I said, I'll post how I
like.

@drian.

Old November 15th 03, 08:32 PM
Ken Briscoe

I'll post however I like, thanks. Geez, I deliberatly DIDN'T crosspost as
some people have a chip on their shoulder about it. And now you're

moaning
because I didn't crosspost! You can't win. As I said, I'll post how I
like.

There's a difference between crossposting and multiposting. Crossposting is
posting one message to multiple newsgroups at the same time. Multiposting is
posting the same message over and over to multiple newsgroups. If you
crosspost, once a message is read in one NG, it is marked as read in *all*
NG's. This is not true for multiposts. Multiposts are frowned upon in most
circumstances. In fact, I can't think of any time when it's not.
Crossposting is perfectly alright - provided that *all* groups you post to
are relevant. Crossposting is *not* OK when you post to groups and it would
require an OT: in one group. So in the future, if you must post to more than
one group, please crosspost. Only the people who don't know the difference
get ****ed off, and they should learn how to use usenet before they get so
uptight. Just don't post to more than one NG if it's off topic for one of
those groups. That's all...carry on.

--

KB

---
Virus? In the computer? Are you serious?

Old November 15th 03, 09:49 PM
feroce

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:46:36 +0000, @drian wrote:

Can anyone recommend a quality black case with 120mm fan mounts and
provisions to cool two fast hard drives? Full or mid tower is fine. I've
tried the Antec Sonata but didn't like it as it didn't provide sufficient
cooling for the hard drives.

Thanks.

@drian.

I have the Globalwin YCC-61F1 in black, extremely pleased with it.
Review he

http://www.gamershell.com/reviews_Gl...1ServerC.shtml

You can buy it he

http://www.computernerd.com/ycc-61f1.html

My Seagate drives rarely go more than 2 degrees C higher than room temp...
can't ask for much more than that.

feroce
Old November 16th 03, 03:15 AM
Dusty

Whereever you find one,make sure that it is not from Str8buy.com. They
are real rip-offs,do not back what they sell.Found out through bad
eperience!!!!

Old November 16th 03, 05:11 AM
@drian

"Ken Briscoe" wrote in message
There's a difference between crossposting and multiposting. Crossposting

is
posting one message to multiple newsgroups at the same time. Multiposting

is
posting the same message over and over to multiple newsgroups.

Well, I posted my message to *two* hardware groups, not many like it was
made out. Not that I care that much, however I usually stay within the
"rules".

If you
crosspost, once a message is read in one NG, it is marked as read in *all*
NG's. This is not true for multiposts. Multiposts are frowned upon in most
circumstances. In fact, I can't think of any time when it's not.
Crossposting is perfectly alright - provided that *all* groups you post to
are relevant. Crossposting is *not* OK when you post to groups and it

would
require an OT: in one group. So in the future, if you must post to more

than
one group, please crosspost. Only the people who don't know the difference
get ****ed off, and they should learn how to use usenet before they get so
uptight. Just don't post to more than one NG if it's off topic for one of
those groups.

OK, I see.

That's all...carry on.

LOL!

Seriously, thanks for the advice.

@drian.

Old November 22nd 03, 03:15 PM
Pack Fan

news
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:46:36 +0000, @drian wrote:

Can anyone recommend a quality black case with 120mm fan mounts and
provisions to cool two fast hard drives? Full or mid tower is fine.

I've
tried the Antec Sonata but didn't like it as it didn't provide

sufficient
cooling for the hard drives.

Thanks.

@drian.

I have the Globalwin YCC-61F1 in black, extremely pleased with it.
Review he

http://www.gamershell.com/reviews_Gl...1ServerC.shtml

You can buy it he

http://www.computernerd.com/ycc-61f1.html

My Seagate drives rarely go more than 2 degrees C higher than room

temp...
can't ask for much more than that.

feroce

The Lian Li PC-71 USB is a monster full tower. Very cool, very pricey. But
I'm leaning heavily towards it for two reasons. First, it has a 15 drive
capacity. Second, excellent cooling due to its aluminum construction. I also
like the fact that the aluminum is anodized for greater strength, though
this is likely overkill.

http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?a...ewPD&prdid=375