Assembled PC dose not power

Old December 18th 07, 10:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

Default Assembled PC dose not power

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:18:39 -0000, "GT"
wrote:

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Somewhere on teh interweb GT typed:
"CBFalconer" wrote in message
Darklight wrote:
kony wrote:

... snip ...

If it does not work, start over giving us complete but
concise lists of all parts make, model, including PSU make,
model, wattage and 12V current rating.

just to add to the above if you can take a picture of the where
the power switch is connected and attach to post might help

Horrors. DO NOT ATTACH binaries (i.e. pictures) to Usenet
messages. If you want to publish them mount them under some
accessible page, and publish the URL.

God forbid that we should move forward! Lets stick in the 80s - its
much safer here!

Were you always a ****wit or did same major life-trauma make you so?

If you don't like it here go to a web forum.

Is seems that it is you who doesn't like it here! You sound most distraught.
Perhaps you should seek anger management.

He has a valid point, that if you want the ability to have
attachments, that is going to be a feature allowable only on
a privately controlled server with someone actively removing
objectionable content and preset limitations on what can be
attached such as file types, sizes, content, etc.

Think about it, if attachments were so easily allowed what
would stop it from being a way to distribute kiddie pr0n or
who knows what? It just doesn't work well at all on usenet.
Old December 18th 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:21:05 -0000, "GT"
wrote:

This is a reminder that I want a newsreader that recognizes
when something is ASCII art and uses fixed fonts only for
the ASCII-art.

This is yet another reminder that, for some reason in the last couple
years, even when selected, fixed font doesn't work for me in OE
(6.00.2100.2180, over several installs).

If I want to look at it as it should be viewed I have to cut'n paste it
into Notepad. :-(

OE View menu - Text size - fixed.

Wasn't too hard, eh?

Hard no, but part of the beauty of good software *could* be
that everything doesn't have to be done manually,
repetitively.
Old December 18th 07, 11:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_8_]

Somewhere on teh interweb kony typed:
wrote:

This is a reminder that I want a newsreader that recognizes
when something is ASCII art and uses fixed fonts only for
the ASCII-art.

This is yet another reminder that, for some reason in the last
couple years, even when selected, fixed font doesn't work for me in
OE (6.00.2100.2180, over several installs).

If I want to look at it as it should be viewed I have to cut'n
paste it into Notepad. :-(

OE View menu - Text size - fixed.

Wasn't too hard, eh?

Hard no, but part of the beauty of good software *could* be
that everything doesn't have to be done manually,
repetitively.

Hmmm. I killfiled "GT" after his endless whining and antagonistic posting.

Seems he has comprehension issues too. My post made it clear that selecting
the 'fixed font' option does nothing on this (or the last couple) installs
of XP Pro for some reason.

So, no GT, it wasn't hard at all. I've been doing just that since OE was
first released. However, for the last year+ it has no effect on the text
displayed if 'fixed' is ticked or not. That's why I went to the trouble of
including my OE version, in case anyone else was using the same version and
could give a Yay or Nay if it works for them. I should also perhaps have
mentioned that I am using OE Quotefix (ver. 1.19.2) to 'skin' OE and make it
behave a bit like a proper newsreader.
--
TTFN,

Shaun.

Old December 19th 07, 01:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

wrote:

[...]

And what happens when you re-install the standard fixed point font? (Courier
I expect). Of course, misfit won't actually get this advice because he has
decided that an argument I was involved in (that had nothing to do with him)
warrants him ignoring all advice I can offer!

Old December 19th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:04:10 -0000, "GT"
wrote:

And what happens when you re-install the standard fixed point font? (Courier
I expect). Of course, misfit won't actually get this advice because he has
decided that an argument I was involved in (that had nothing to do with him)
warrants him ignoring all advice I can offer!

I could do this too, but I don't want to always use a fixed
font, nor to have to switch back and forth so...
I only do so when I want/need to see ASCII art enough to
bother.
Old December 20th 07, 07:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Plato

Lara wrote:

I have assembled a PC components in the case but it dose not power
on , I changed the power supply also nothing happened ... what is the
problem ?

Do one thing at a time. ie do not connect any internal devices but for
ram, video and see if she posts.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/