Assembled PC dose not power

Old December 5th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

Default Assembled PC dose not power

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:23:55 -0000, "GT"
wrote:

So tell us, which binary newsgroup should Lara (OP) use to post an image
relevant to this thread post? And don't you think the users of that group
are going to get fed up with us hardware guys posting off-topic images from
time to time?!?

CBFalconer is correct, this is not a binary group.

There are many options for hosting an image that can be
linked to in the usenet message. Among them:

ISP provided webspace

Your own webserver, whether it be via domain name or simply
a static or pseudo-static IP # with some server software
installed on your system.

Image hosts like
http://www.google.com/search?q=free+image+hosting

Sure there are binary newsgroups - they deal primarily in binary posts and
uploads, but are not limited purely to binary - there is some text and
conversations that take place.

This is a text-based newsgroup - it deals primarily in textual posts, but I
don't see why it has to be limited to purely text. Can you please explain to
everyone why an image of a power connector in a thread concerning a power
connector could possible be considered garbage, of interest to very few?

It has to be limited because of two main factors:

1) Many ISPs automatically strip off attachments in
non-binary groups, or in all groups per their policy.

2) Where would it end? If you allow one person to post an
attachment, then you can't so easily deny another person
from posting two or three or four, and they may be multi-MB
BMPs or who-knows-what.

There is a deliberate segregation in that ONLY binary groups
are supposed to have attachments. Please don't try to
rewrite usenet rules, they exist for good reason.
Old December 5th 07, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Lara wrote:
thank you to all of you,,

Sorry if i'm late , the reason is my work..

Today , I tried again to change power supply then only the power
supply fan and processor fan are power on for a second then suddenly
these fans are stop and I faced the same problem again nothing
happened when I press the power button,,

One reason, would be CPU overheat. Check that the heatsink is
secured to the processor, and that the CPU fan is plugged in.
Remove dust from the heatsink fins, if heavily encrusted.

Paul
Old December 5th 07, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
darklight

Lara wrote:

thank you to all of you,,

Sorry if i'm late , the reason is my work..

Today , I tried again to change power supply then only the power
supply fan and processor fan are power on for a second then suddenly
these fans are stop and I faced the same problem again nothing
happened when I press the power button,,

simple question are all the parts new
Old December 5th 07, 08:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

wrote:

So tell us, which binary newsgroup should Lara (OP) use to post an image
relevant to this thread post? And don't you think the users of that group
are going to get fed up with us hardware guys posting off-topic images
from
time to time?!?

2) Where would it end? If you allow one person to post an
attachment, then you can't so easily deny another person
from posting two or three or four, and they may be multi-MB
BMPs or who-knows-what.

And who cares - just don't download the attachment unless you know who
posted it and why it might be there. You aren't forced to download and see
all the attachments, only the ones you choose to 'save attachment' or 'open
attachment' on.

There is a deliberate segregation in that ONLY binary groups
are supposed to have attachments. Please don't try to
rewrite usenet rules, they exist for good reason.

The only usenet 'rules' page I have ever read was a discussion on
top-posting verses bottom-posting. I have put the word 'rules' in quotes as
it wasn't a rules page, but just someone's opinion. That particular argument
made a lot of sense and I support that, but I have never seen or read any
official usenet rules. I didn't even know newsgroups were called usenet by
some - I just use Outlook Express and choose which (3) newsgroups I want to
read and contribute to.

This opinion that images and binaries shouldn't be posted seems to stand in
the way of progress and makes things deliverately awkward for people. I
would seriously like to know why you and everyone wants to stand in the way
of progress? Allowing attachments in this group could not cause any problems
for anyone - if you dont' want to see an attachment, then don't open it, so
why blankly forbid it?

Incidentally, who wrote these 'rules' and which book are they published in?

Old December 5th 07, 10:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

GT wrote:
"CBFalconer" wrote
GT wrote:
"CBFalconer" wrote

.... snip ...

Horrors. DO NOT ATTACH binaries (i.e. pictures) to Usenet
messages. If you want to publish them mount them under some

accessible page, and publish the URL.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

God forbid that we should move forward! Lets stick in the 80s -
its much safer here!

This is a stupid attitude. If you want binaries, there are binary
newsgroups available. You can identify them by the word 'binary'
in their name. However Usenet is a pure text mechanism, and
doesn't need blocking with garbage, of interest to very few.

So tell us, which binary newsgroup should Lara (OP) use to post
an image relevant to this thread post? And don't you think the
users of that group are going to get fed up with us hardware guys
posting off-topic images from time to time?!?

None. If you examine my earlier message, as underlined above, I
made a suggestion which would transmit the binary to all
interested, without annoying the newsgroup.

http://cbfalconer.home.att.net
Try the download section.

Old December 5th 07, 10:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

GT wrote:
"kony" wrote

.... snip ...

2) Where would it end? If you allow one person to post an
attachment, then you can't so easily deny another person
from posting two or three or four, and they may be multi-MB
BMPs or who-knows-what.

And who cares - just don't download the attachment unless you
know who posted it and why it might be there. You aren't forced
to download and see all the attachments, only the ones you
choose to 'save attachment' or 'open attachment' on.

There is no such 'download' choice. Examine the raw source of a
message with an attachment sometime. You _may_ have visibility
choices.

Old December 6th 07, 12:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:10:31 -0000, "GT"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

So tell us, which binary newsgroup should Lara (OP) use to post an image
relevant to this thread post? And don't you think the users of that group
are going to get fed up with us hardware guys posting off-topic images
from
time to time?!?

2) Where would it end? If you allow one person to post an
attachment, then you can't so easily deny another person
from posting two or three or four, and they may be multi-MB
BMPs or who-knows-what.

And who cares - just don't download the attachment unless you know who
posted it and why it might be there. You aren't forced to download and see
all the attachments, only the ones you choose to 'save attachment' or 'open
attachment' on.

If you want a forum where attachments are allowed you will
need to go to a web forum instead of usenet, or at least a
binary usenet group.

As with all rules, there's bound to be a small minority that
disagrees... if there were not, there would be no need for
rules, would there?

There is a deliberate segregation in that ONLY binary groups
are supposed to have attachments. Please don't try to
rewrite usenet rules, they exist for good reason.

The only usenet 'rules' page I have ever read was a discussion on
top-posting verses bottom-posting.

Then it seems you have not sought to find any. How about a
basic google search, even a web search at that instead of a
groups search...

http://www.google.com/search?source=...n-binary+group

I have put the word 'rules' in quotes as
it wasn't a rules page, but just someone's opinion. That particular argument
made a lot of sense and I support that, but I have never seen or read any
official usenet rules. I didn't even know newsgroups were called usenet by
some - I just use Outlook Express and choose which (3) newsgroups I want to
read and contribute to.

This opinion that images and binaries shouldn't be posted seems to stand in
the way of progress and makes things deliverately awkward for people. I
would seriously like to know why you and everyone wants to stand in the way
of progress? Allowing attachments in this group could not cause any problems
for anyone - if you dont' want to see an attachment, then don't open it, so
why blankly forbid it?

Understand that part of usenet's virtue is universal
accessibility, low bandwidth, universal support. Just
because you happen to want attachments, that is not the
purpose to a non-binary group.

Perhaps you have a high bandwidth account, but what about
the rest of the world? What about the burden on news
servers which are already at or beyond capacity? In some
cases with some ISPs, people are lucky to have the ISP still
carrying usenet service at all. A single binary will tend
to be multiple times the size of all the text in a typical
group for one if not many days.

Plus, using OE you should know more than most that
attachments are a security risk. OE has in the past been
vulnerable to things you didn't have to actively open by
choice. Was usenet supposted to wait until _you_ decide all
newsreaders are safe 'n secure? What date was that exactly
or has it not arrived yet?

Lots of things seem like progress, but are fairly minor
details. If you would like to offer free hosting and anon
access to a fileserver then you can offer that whenever
someone wanted to attach a binary. Otherwise there are
other ways to get an image hosted, and considering the time
spent posting, taking a picture, it is very little effort to
just post to another site and link it here.

I will now time how long it takes me to link an image
attachment.

First I'll google for "free image hosting".

First hit was http://www.imageshack.us

On their homepage I select the source of the image and input
the email address.

After uploading it gives a direct link to the image,
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1...kebunnyls7.jpg

That took approx 45 seconds (I wasn't in a rush).

Old December 6th 07, 01:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
w_tom

On Dec 5, 11:38 am, Lara wrote:
Today , I tried again to change power supply then only the power
supply fan and processor fan are power on for a second then suddenly
these fans are stop and I faced the same problem again

First identify all components in the power supply system. Power
supply is only one component. Another is the switch. Two minutes to
get these numbers will either identify your problem immediately OR
provide facts so that others can immediately point at the suspect.
Two minutes will answer the integrity of everything in the power
supply 'system' - which is more than just a power supply. You are
asking for answers that do not begin with "It could be ... " Two
minutes to get these numbers means your next answer identifies the
suspect so that what is actually replaced is actually defective.

"When your computer dies without warning....." starting 6 Feb 2007
in the newsgroup alt.windows-xp at:
http://tinyurl.com/yvf9vh
Result will be an answer that says such and such is "definitively
good" or "definitively bad". No more maybes. Numbers posted here so
that others who have design knowledge can reply with additional
"definitive" answers - no more speculation.
Old December 6th 07, 05:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lara

On 5 ديسمبر, 21:33, Paul wrote:
Lara wrote:
thank you to all of you,,

Sorry if i'm late , the reason is my work..

Today , I tried again to change power supply then only the power
supply fan and processor fan are power on for a second then suddenly
these fans are stop and I faced the same problem again nothing
happened when I press the power button,,

One reason, would be CPU overheat. Check that the heatsink is
secured to the processor, and that the CPU fan is plugged in.
Remove dust from the heatsink fins, if heavily encrusted.

Paul

not only the processor's fan is stoped also the fan of power supply
Old December 6th 07, 05:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lara

On 5 ديسمبر, 22:03, Darklight wrote:
Lara wrote:
thank you to all of you,,

Sorry if i'm late , the reason is my work..

Today , I tried again to change power supply then only the power
supply fan and processor fan are power on for a second then suddenly
these fans are stop and I faced the same problem again nothing
happened when I press the power button,,

simple question are all the parts new

yes, all the part are new
I use it for explain these parts for students then we installed them
in the case