Assembled PC dose not power

Old December 5th 07, 11:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

Default Assembled PC dose not power

"Lara" wrote in message
Hello,

I have assembled a PC components in the case but it dose not power
on , I changed the power supply also nothing happened ... what is the
problem ?

Well its either 2 faulty power supplies or something else.

Is the problem in the switch button cable ?

Could be - why not just touch the motherboard connector for the power supply
with a small screwdriver and eliminate the power switch from enquiries.
Watch out for static though or w_tom will be on your back!

How can I sure that this cable is installed correctly?

Look at it and if it is in the right place then it is installed correctly!
There are only 2 wires and the manual will tell you where they should be
plugged in (the 2 pins I just talked about shorting with a screwdriver).

You haven't replied to any of the replies here. We have all said that you
have not given us enough to go on, so you need to tell us more information.
What exatly does happen when you press the power button - do any fans spin
(even for a moment)? Does the speaker beep? Do you have any USB power? To
check this - do you have any USB devices with LEDs on? If you plug them in
while the PC is plugged in, do their LEDs light?

Old December 5th 07, 11:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

GT wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message ...
Lara wrote:
Hello,

I have assembled a PC components in the case but it dose not power
on , I changed the power supply also nothing happened ... what is the
problem ?
Is the problem in the switch button cable ?
How can I sure that this cable is installed correctly?

Thanx,,

These are the elements needed to switch on the power supply.

----------------- ---------------
| Motherboard | +5VSB | |
| |-------------| |
Push | | | ATX |
button | | PS_ON# | Power |
+---x x------| PWR |-------------| Supply |
| |(Momentary | | |
+------------| Contact) |-------------| |
| | COM | |
------------------ ---------------

Come on CB - you will need to reply to this using your usual red pen,
surely?

CB likes ASCII art too.

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.s...b?dmode=source

Paul
Old December 5th 07, 12:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 11:04:15 -0000, "GT"
wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message ...

----------------- ---------------
| Motherboard | +5VSB | |
| |-------------| |
Push | | | ATX |
button | | PS_ON# | Power |
+---x x------| PWR |-------------| Supply |
| |(Momentary | | |
+------------| Contact) |-------------| |
| | COM | |
------------------ ---------------

Come on CB - you will need to reply to this using your usual red pen,
surely?

This is a reminder that I want a newsreader that recognizes
when something is ASCII art and uses fixed fonts only for
the ASCII-art.

Old December 5th 07, 12:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 02:57:32 -0800 (PST), sandy58
wrote:

On Dec 4, 11:16 pm, kony wrote:
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:32:56 -0800 (PST), Lara

wrote:
Hello,

I have assembled a PC components in the case but it dose not power
on , I changed the power supply also nothing happened ... what is the
problem ?
Is the problem in the switch button cable ?
How can I sure that this cable is installed correctly?

Thanx,,

With all this information we have to go on, the
possibilities are endless.

Pull out all parts but video, 1 memory module, CPU,
heatsink/fan, then clear CMOS. Unplug the case connectors
and short the two power-on motherboard pins with something
metal.

If it does not work, start over giving us complete but
concise lists of all parts make, model, including PSU make,
model, wattage and 12V current rating.

What's up? Did we scare her off? Oh, dear! :-)

We can hope that what has been suggested so far is being
tried and reported, so we have a better idea of what's going
on. Sometimes it's easy for people to forget that only they
can see the system in front of them.
Old December 5th 07, 01:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

"CBFalconer" wrote in message
Darklight wrote:
kony wrote:

... snip ...

If it does not work, start over giving us complete but
concise lists of all parts make, model, including PSU make,
model, wattage and 12V current rating.

just to add to the above if you can take a picture of the where
the power switch is connected and attach to post might help

Horrors. DO NOT ATTACH binaries (i.e. pictures) to Usenet
messages. If you want to publish them mount them under some
accessible page, and publish the URL.

God forbid that we should move forward! Lets stick in the 80s - its much
safer here!

Old December 5th 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

GT wrote:
"CBFalconer" wrote in message
Darklight wrote:
kony wrote:

... snip ...

If it does not work, start over giving us complete but
concise lists of all parts make, model, including PSU make,
model, wattage and 12V current rating.

just to add to the above if you can take a picture of the where
the power switch is connected and attach to post might help

Horrors. DO NOT ATTACH binaries (i.e. pictures) to Usenet
messages. If you want to publish them mount them under some
accessible page, and publish the URL.

God forbid that we should move forward! Lets stick in the 80s -
its much safer here!

This is a stupid attitude. If you want binaries, there are binary
newsgroups available. You can identify them by the word 'binary'
in their name. However Usenet is a pure text mechanism, and
doesn't need blocking with garbage, of interest to very few.

http://cbfalconer.home.att.net
Try the download section.

Old December 5th 07, 02:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

GT wrote:
"CBFalconer" wrote in message
Darklight wrote:
kony wrote:

... snip ...

If it does not work, start over giving us complete but
concise lists of all parts make, model, including PSU make,
model, wattage and 12V current rating.

just to add to the above if you can take a picture of the where
the power switch is connected and attach to post might help

Horrors. DO NOT ATTACH binaries (i.e. pictures) to Usenet
messages. If you want to publish them mount them under some
accessible page, and publish the URL.

God forbid that we should move forward! Lets stick in the 80s -
its much safer here!

This is a stupid attitude. If you want binaries, there are binary
newsgroups available. You can identify them by the word 'binary'
in their name. However Usenet is a pure text mechanism, and
doesn't need blocking with garbage, of interest to very few.

So tell us, which binary newsgroup should Lara (OP) use to post an image
relevant to this thread post? And don't you think the users of that group
are going to get fed up with us hardware guys posting off-topic images from
time to time?!?

Sure there are binary newsgroups - they deal primarily in binary posts and
uploads, but are not limited purely to binary - there is some text and
conversations that take place.

This is a text-based newsgroup - it deals primarily in textual posts, but I
don't see why it has to be limited to purely text. Can you please explain to
everyone why an image of a power connector in a thread concerning a power
connector could possible be considered garbage, of interest to very few?

Old December 5th 07, 03:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jon Danniken

"GT" wrote:
This is a text-based newsgroup - it deals primarily in textual posts, but
I don't see why it has to be limited to purely text. Can you please
explain to everyone why an image of a power connector in a thread
concerning a power connector could possible be considered garbage, of
interest to very few?

Because many usenet servers, paid or free, strip binaries out of non-binary
groups (as they should).

Seriously, you're tilting at windmills here. Binaries do not belong in
non-binary groups, as a convention, period.

Jon

Old December 5th 07, 04:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"GT" wrote:
This is a text-based newsgroup - it deals primarily in textual posts, but
I don't see why it has to be limited to purely text. Can you please
explain to everyone why an image of a power connector in a thread
concerning a power connector could possible be considered garbage, of
interest to very few?

Because many usenet servers, paid or free, strip binaries out of
non-binary groups (as they should).

Seriously, you're tilting at windmills here. Binaries do not belong in
non-binary groups, as a convention, period.

'tilting at windmills' - is that a quote from the 80s? I think the cheap or
free newsgroup servers strip out binaries to save themselves storage space
and maintenance, rather than to comply with these superceeded views!

We are so far off topic now that we should agree to disagree and stop.

Old December 5th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lara

thank you to all of you,,

Sorry if i'm late , the reason is my work..

Today , I tried again to change power supply then only the power
supply fan and processor fan are power on for a second then suddenly
these fans are stop and I faced the same problem again nothing
happened when I press the power button,,