Best optical mouse with long battery life?

Old August 2nd 06, 10:59 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
BatteryLife

Default Best optical mouse with long battery life?

I currently use a Dell optical mouse that came with my Dell WinXP
media center. Unfortunately the mouse uses up batteries very fast! My
computer is left on 24 hours day, and usually the mouse needs two new
AA batteries every 2 - 3 weeks.

A mouse with rechargeable batteries would be a better solution, but is
there not an optical mouse available that uses regular batteries but
doesn't drain them so fast?

Thanks for all suggestions.
Old August 2nd 06, 11:10 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

BatteryLife wrote:

I currently use a Dell optical mouse that came with my Dell WinXP
media center. Unfortunately the mouse uses up batteries very fast!
My computer is left on 24 hours day, and usually the mouse needs
two new AA batteries every 2 - 3 weeks.

A mouse with rechargeable batteries would be a better solution,

Yep, particularly one like the Logitech MX700 that has a garage
like thing that you plug the mouse into overnight to charge it.
It gives plenty of warning when the battery is running down too,
so you can keep using it all day with the low battery light flashing.
And can charge it up again when you go to lunch etc too.

but is there not an optical mouse available that uses
regular batteries but doesn't drain them so fast?

Nar, there's a technical problem getting decent
performance with optical mice and long battery life.

Old August 2nd 06, 11:14 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Synapse Syndrome

"BatteryLife" wrote in message
I currently use a Dell optical mouse that came with my Dell WinXP
media center. Unfortunately the mouse uses up batteries very fast! My
computer is left on 24 hours day, and usually the mouse needs two new
AA batteries every 2 - 3 weeks.

A mouse with rechargeable batteries would be a better solution, but is
there not an optical mouse available that uses regular batteries but
doesn't drain them so fast?

Thanks for all suggestions.

Look at the Micrsoft wireless mice. I have the Intellimouse Exporer for
Bluetooth, and I change the batteries around every 5 months. But if you
keep it overturned or on a dark surface overnight it will constantly seek
for the surface and you will lose a lot of power that way. But generally
the battery life on the recent MS mice is very good.

ss.

Old August 2nd 06, 11:21 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

BatteryLife wrote:
I currently use a Dell optical mouse that came with my Dell WinXP
media center. Unfortunately the mouse uses up batteries very fast! My
computer is left on 24 hours day, and usually the mouse needs two new
AA batteries every 2 - 3 weeks.

A mouse with rechargeable batteries would be a better solution, but is
there not an optical mouse available that uses regular batteries but
doesn't drain them so fast?

Thanks for all suggestions.

I have Michael Graves Wireless Optical Mouse. It last surprisingly long
with two AA sized rechargeable batteries. I use both NiMH and NiCD.
They both works great.

Chieh
--
Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/

Old August 2nd 06, 11:43 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Mellowed

I'm very pleased with the Logitech Mx700. It has a charging stand.
I've used it for several years now with no problems. The stand plugs
into the USB port.

:

Old August 3rd 06, 12:08 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
DaveW

The Microsoft 6000 Laser Mouse, which I use all day long, uses standard
alkaline AA battereis that last me 6 months.

--
DaveW

----------------

Old August 3rd 06, 12:39 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Blinky the Shark

BatteryLife wrote:
I currently use a Dell optical mouse that came with my Dell WinXP
media center. Unfortunately the mouse uses up batteries very fast! My
computer is left on 24 hours day, and usually the mouse needs two new
AA batteries every 2 - 3 weeks.

A mouse with rechargeable batteries would be a better solution, but is
there not an optical mouse available that uses regular batteries but
doesn't drain them so fast?

Have you considered an optical mouse with *no* batteries? Nothing to
change, ever.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Old August 3rd 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Leon Manfredi

I'm using a Kensington Trackball Expert Mouse Pro, with 2 Alkaline
Rechargeable's. Had it a about 2 years now....replaced batteries at low
battery warning about 3 times that I can remember, maybe four....

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 23:14:08 +0100, "Synapse Syndrome"
wrote:

.. .

Old August 3rd 06, 01:05 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
Toolman Tim

Blinky the Shark wrote:
BatteryLife wrote:
I currently use a Dell optical mouse that came with my Dell WinXP
media center. Unfortunately the mouse uses up batteries very fast! My
computer is left on 24 hours day, and usually the mouse needs two
new AA batteries every 2 - 3 weeks.

A mouse with rechargeable batteries would be a better solution, but
is there not an optical mouse available that uses regular batteries
but doesn't drain them so fast?

Have you considered an optical mouse with *no* batteries? Nothing to
change, ever.

Show me a wireless mouse with no batteries - I just might be interested too!

Old August 3rd 06, 01:13 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware
sloblocks

on 03/08/2006, Toolman Tim supposed :

http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.as...D=92&MNO=NB-50

--
If this is not what you expected, please alter your expectations.