HP travan t1000e colorado cable problem

Old August 10th 09, 09:13 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
orange

Default HP travan t1000e colorado cable problem

I've got t1000e but with no parallel cable . Can I use simple
25pin-25pin passthrough cable?
If not, what is the pinout?

thanks.
Old August 10th 09, 01:49 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno[_3_]

orange wrote:
I've got t1000e but with no parallel cable . Can I use simple
25pin-25pin passthrough cable?
If not, what is the pinout?

thanks.

There was somethiong special about the cable, but I do not remember
what exactly. However I threw mine out because of persistent
problems, high media cost, slow operation and general unreliability.

I would advise you to do the same and get a set of 1GB USB memory
sticks as replacement.

Arno
Old August 11th 09, 06:28 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
edfair[_19_]

It has been years, and I may be confusing the HP with other similar IO
cabling but IIRC it took a 25 P to 25S cable. The parallel port takes
the P and if the HP has pins, it takes the S.