CCL clowns and fools?

Old November 2nd 03, 04:39 PM
nigel. carron

Default CCL clowns and fools?

After my last incident with CCL (Maxtor HD warranty issue).. I decided
to save a pound or two on an Epson Printer and order one again (was for
a charity so every penny counted). Ordered one Tuesday so I could
deliver it over weekend) . Not only have they failed to deliver by
Friday the gits charged my card before despatch. Their customer Services
girl "Tracy" was fine polite and apologetic. But website problems are no
excuse to fail to send something and to charge me for the privilege of
NOT receiving the goods. Due to my campaiging for broadband - I missed
it on Special at Aria - so went with CCL - big mistake.. Thieves better
return my dosh soon..

I'll stick to firms that deliver goods in future..

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old November 2nd 03, 11:25 PM
TX2

In article , ,
a.k.a nigel. carron says...

After my last incident with CCL (Maxtor HD warranty issue).. I decided
to save a pound or two on an Epson Printer and order one again (was for
a charity so every penny counted). Ordered one Tuesday so I could
deliver it over weekend) . Not only have they failed to deliver by
Friday the gits charged my card before despatch. Their customer Services
girl "Tracy" was fine polite and apologetic. But website problems are no
excuse to fail to send something and to charge me for the privilege of
NOT receiving the goods. Due to my campaiging for broadband - I missed
it on Special at Aria - so went with CCL - big mistake.. Thieves better
return my dosh soon..

I'll stick to firms that deliver goods in future..

I had a big run in with CCL, and eventually took the matter up with a
lady called Kim Young (Customer Services Manager) at CCL.

She handled my situation very fairly, did what she said she was going to
do, and re-instated my faith in CCL as a reliable vendor.

It was mentioned that there are big changes on the way for their web
based ordering and delivery tracking system, as these were areas i
complained about.

It's very hit and miss as to when you might actually get your goods at
present, even after the web site suggests they are in stock for
immediate despatch.

CCL have the best prices as a rule, but i think Aria are more efficient
in terms of keeping you informed of the status of your order.

Of course, each to their own, YMMV, but i wouldn't totally rule out CCL.
I tend to 'bounce' custom between 3 online vendors....Aria, CCL and
Tekheads. I sometimes use Novatech when i need a pre 10am delivery
though as few vendors offer this service.