Scary

Old November 1st 03, 11:22 PM
Rob

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 12:26:42 +0000, Paul Hopwood
wrote:

How would they know it was pirated?

When you hand over the PC they don't (to the best of my knowledge) pop
by your house and search it for licenses so they couldn't possibly
determine whether the installed software was legitimate or pirated.

They don't need to. When they find out all the software on it is
registered to CrAcK1Ng D@@d they probably smell a rat.......

Old November 3rd 03, 12:12 AM
Paul Hopwood

Rob wrote:

When you hand over the PC they don't (to the best of my knowledge) pop
by your house and search it for licenses so they couldn't possibly
determine whether the installed software was legitimate or pirated.

They don't need to. When they find out all the software on it is
registered to CrAcK1Ng D@@d they probably smell a rat.......

Quite probably but it's not evidence in itself that the software is
pirated.

You could quite legally use a key obtained from one of those
"evaluation" sites with the interesting pop-ups, having paid for it.
As unlikely as this sounds I've done the same myself on a few
occasions, for legitimate reasons.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old November 3rd 03, 10:15 PM
Rob

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:12:32 +0000, Paul Hopwood
wrote:

You could quite legally use a key obtained from one of those
"evaluation" sites with the interesting pop-ups, having paid for it.
As unlikely as this sounds I've done the same myself on a few
occasions, for legitimate reasons.

Ya know, I believe ya!

Must have a plausible face

Old November 5th 03, 10:33 AM
Bagpuss

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 15:46:34 +0000, Malev wrote:

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:37:33 +0000, Bagpuss wrote:

[1] Lads on holiday always have a) someones photograph of their own
bits b) a mate on the floor c) the mate throwing up d) a toilet bowl
with a huge poo in it.

Got a link for these?

Just go into any processing shop and follow a group of hung over
jetlagged lads getting their films developed :-)
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not

I'm not a nerd, I'm an empowered freak
Old November 5th 03, 10:35 AM
Bagpuss

wrote:

You could quite legally use a key obtained from one of those
"evaluation" sites with the interesting pop-ups, having paid for it.
As unlikely as this sounds I've done the same myself on a few
occasions, for legitimate reasons.

Ya know, I believe ya!

Must have a plausible face

I had to once when I lost my CD key for Medal of Honour AA. Thankfully
I found it after a couple of weeks during a big tidy up, but I had to
do a re-install to punch the orginal key in, which was a PITA.