"Boot From atapi CD-ROM. Boot disk failure"

Old November 10th 03, 09:21 AM
Craig

Default "Boot From atapi CD-ROM. Boot disk failure"

Hi all, im a trainee Technician at Dyffryn School. Recently the bloody
librarian came down to me and the Head technician with a "Boot From
atapi CD-ROM. Boot disk failure", i think its a cd-rom fault or it
'could' be a faulty ide cable, can anyone give me an insight on
solving the problem

Nice one!!!
Craig
Old November 11th 03, 02:06 AM
Ron Cook

Old November 11th 03, 09:08 PM
Liam

There is a BIOS setting to determine the boot sequence. Generally it
should be set to floppy, then HDD. It can be set to try the CDROM
before it goes to the hard disk, which I uspect is the case.
Sometimes it is phrased like "Boot Device 1: IDE0, Boot Device 2:
IDE1" etc. These can be tried, trial and error, until you have a
successful boot without that message. Just be sure to write down the
original settings before you change them in case you mess something
up, nothing personal. As long as you can get into the BIOS this should
be easy to solve.

Good luck,
Liam

Best way to copy HD? Bobby General 6 February 28th 05 07:02 PM
A7N8X Deluxe - at boot time it tried to boot from network Alex Hunsley Asus Motherboards 5 September 23rd 04 07:03 PM
A7M266 to A7V8X-MX-SE -- "Disk Boot Failure" Paul Wylie Asus Motherboards 6 August 4th 04 04:56 PM
Problem booting from SATA disk with GA-8KNXP motherboard (like many others) Eric Janvier Gigabyte Motherboards 9 November 22nd 03 01:56 AM
Boot Disk Failure news.verizon.net General 2 September 2nd 03 09:27 PM