No game port on 700XL

Old July 4th 03, 01:56 AM
Name

My SW Pro came with a game port-usb converter, so they definately exist.

"ics83" wrote in message
om...
Plan to buy FS 2004 when it comes out later this month. In
anticipation of doing this I dusted off the old sidewinder pro
joystick and realized that the 700XL does not have a 15-pin game port
that my joystick needs to use.

I hate to buy a new joystick is there some type of adapter that would
convert it to USB?

Old July 5th 03, 07:11 PM
ics83

Default No game port on 700XL

Thanks Jack that makes me feel better now that even if I was able to
hook it up to my computer under XP it would not work right anyway.

I just read that Microsoft has announced they are discontinuing the
Sidewinder joysticks I should get a good price on there Precision 2
stick then. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/news/news_6031007.html

"Jack H" wrote in message ...
I have been using MS Sidewinder 3D Pro, and the Force Feedback model, with
XP, both sticks use the game port. Neither one works right with XP. Think
about getting an USB model joystick.
This seems to be a common complaint with XP and gameport MS sticks.

Old July 5th 03, 08:15 PM
Rocket

Actually, best price on a Precision 2 USB/Game port is at Gateway
Accessories store @ $35.95. This USB version works fine with XP. My wife has
it and I have the Force Feedback version and they both work perfectly:
Precision 2
--
Rocket

om...