Anyone buy media center pc from Dell?

Old December 6th 04, 06:28 PM

Default Anyone buy media center pc from Dell?

I think Im in market for a media center PC....something
that acts like a TIVO and has Windows MCE 2005 on it...
remote control, etc

I see Dell now allows this option on must all
Dimensions.

Anyone buy a Dell PC with media center extras on it?

If yes.... how you liking it?
Old December 7th 04, 09:27 PM
HillBillyBuddhist

wrote in message
|I think Im in market for a media center PC....something
| that acts like a TIVO and has Windows MCE 2005 on it...
| remote control, etc
|
| I see Dell now allows this option on must all
| Dimensions.
|
| Anyone buy a Dell PC with media center extras on it?
|
| If yes.... how you liking it?

Just ordered one. I'll let ya know :-)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Old December 8th 04, 03:15 PM

| Anyone buy a Dell PC with media center extras on it?
|
| If yes.... how you liking it?

Just ordered one. I'll let ya know :-)

What model and specs did you get?
Old December 8th 04, 03:58 PM
HillBillyBuddhist

wrote in message
|| Anyone buy a Dell PC with media center extras on it?
| |
| | If yes.... how you liking it?
|
| Just ordered one. I'll let ya know :-)
|
| What model and specs did you get?

I already have a Dell 1900FP Ultrasharp that I'm keeping to use with the new
8400. Going to hand down the 17" FP that comes with the the new one and my
current desktop (Dimension 8200) to the Missus.

New one is;
Dimension 8400 MCE
Pentium® 4 Processor 540 with HT Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB), Microsoft®
Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition Qty: 1

Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM

Monitor FREE UPGRADE! New 17 in E173FP Flat Panel Display

Video Card 128MB PCI ExpressT x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI RadeonT X300 SE

Hard Drive 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/ Native Command Queuing

Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition

Network Interface Integrated Gigabit Ethernet

Modem 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem

CD ROM/DVD ROM Dual Drives: 16x DVD + FREE UPGRADE! 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer
write

Sound Card Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HDT Audio

Speakers Dell 5650 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer
Media Center Enhancements Dual TV Tuner with Remote Control

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Old December 8th 04, 04:07 PM

New one is;
Dimension 8400 MCE
Pentium® 4 Processor 540 with HT Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB), Microsoft®
Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition Qty: 1

Cool!!!

PLEASE let us know ho well it works when you get it
Old December 8th 04, 09:12 PM
HillBillyBuddhist

wrote in message

| New one is;
| Dimension 8400 MCE
| Pentium® 4 Processor 540 with HT Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB),
Microsoft®
| Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition Qty: 1
|
| Cool!!!
|
| PLEASE let us know ho well it works when you get it

Will do. They're estimating a 12-27 ship date but who knows. :-)

Remove shoes to E-mail.