Mis-representation ?

Old December 15th 03, 04:38 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"frankie.boy" wrote in message

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
Hi;

I bought this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=2769544 241
on the basis of the information given which is the PCs recognise the

card
but will not load the drivers. I have not recieved the card yet but I`m
starting to worry that I have not been given an honest auction

description
as it would appear to be.

The most common genuine "fault" with these Creative Ti4400 cards is bad

ram
which is obvious from the screen corruption there is no mention of

screen
corruption in the auction description - so a correct representation

would
not mention screen corruption which it does not. However there is a
possibility that the screen corruption only occurs once the drivers have
loaded giving him a great reason to pretend he could not get the drivers
loaded.

This auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=27 387
clearly states the problem I`m referring too and I would not have bid on

it.

I have seen screen corruption on my own Ti4200 when you overclock the
graphics memory too high this is only possible when the drivers are

loaded
obviously - maybe I will be able to clock the memory lower slowing down

the
card as a way around it - but I feel that if screen corruption occurs it
will be obvious to me when I test it and that I have a right to feel
cheated.

As I say don`t actually have the item yet - whats your view ?

from the auction -

'I cannot guarantee it will Be recognized by any other computer and if the
drivers do load correctly I cannot guarantee there isn't another problem .
the card is auctioned as not working '

seems fairly clear.

I think he`s being honest too which makes me think it doesn`t have the
screen corruption bad memory fault - the honesty is why I bought it - if it
doesn`t work for any other reason then the most common hardware fault on
these cards "the chequered boarded, red lines all over the screen bad ram
problem" then I will be very surprised.

Old December 15th 03, 05:03 PM
ß Ø ® G

it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else

ITS ****ED

he said so so many times and you bought it knowing that

the only good bit is the fan and cooler

its says its faulty enough times that even a child would know it's NOT
WORKING

foolish boy

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Old December 15th 03, 05:28 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"ß Ø ® G" wrote in message
it won't load the drivers because the main chip(CPU)has gone so it
won't be recognised as a Ti4400 or anything else

ITS ****ED

he said so so many times and you bought it knowing that

the only good bit is the fan and cooler

its says its faulty enough times that even a child would know it's NOT
WORKING

foolish boy

So you have ruled out software problems (resource conflict, wrong drivers
etc w/o even looking at it) and assume the GPU is ****ed - yeah right. I`m
just trying to rule in the most likely hardware fault these cards suffer the
bad ram the symptoms of which are not mentioned.

What qualification do you have to make an accurate diagnosis that the GPU is
****ed apart from being a troll.