newbie needs to understand some things

Old September 7th 07, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SwampYankee

Default newbie needs to understand some things

before he can ask intelligent questions:
What is the difference between a nVidia Geoforc and an nVidia Go Geoforce?
I presume the Go is for laptops? Can I use a geoforce driver on a geoforce
go card?
thanks

Old September 7th 07, 02:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

SwampYankee wrote:
before he can ask intelligent questions:
What is the difference between a nVidia Geoforc and an nVidia Go Geoforce?
I presume the Go is for laptops? Can I use a geoforce driver on a
geoforce go card?
thanks

GeForce is the name given to nVidia's consumer desktop video cards.
GeForce Go is the name given to laptop based video chipsets.

You must use the driver supplied by the laptop manufacturer for proper
GeForce Go operation. Each laptop model has very specific features that
can only be properly utilized by the drivers made for it.

The desktop GeForce Forceware suite will not install on GeForce Go.
Old September 8th 07, 12:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_4_]

No. They use different chipsets so they need different drivers.

--
---------------------
DaveW

---------------------

Old September 8th 07, 03:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

1. Have you tried playing Bioshock with your current drivers?

2. There are groups that modify the nVidia desktop drivers to make them
installable on the Go chipsets. See http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers .
Be sure to select your operating system from the menu on the left side. For
Vista 32-bit and XP 32-bit, the driver you'll want to use to play Bioshock
is 163.44.

Like E! said, there may be some unique features in your Dell that the
desktop drivers won't recognize. Usually this amounts to fewer refresh rate
or screen resolution choices, or slightly different behavior on the external
VGA port. Set a System Restore point before installing the modified drivers.

"SwampYankee" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks, that explains alot. Guess I'll wait along time to play bioshock
on my Dell. Thanks

Old September 10th 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SwampYankee

In article , root@
127.0.0.1 says...
1. Have you tried playing Bioshock with your current drivers?

2. There are groups that modify the nVidia desktop drivers to make them
installable on the Go chipsets. See http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers .
Be sure to select your operating system from the menu on the left side. For
Vista 32-bit and XP 32-bit, the driver you'll want to use to play Bioshock
is 163.44.

Like E! said, there may be some unique features in your Dell that the
desktop drivers won't recognize. Usually this amounts to fewer refresh rate
or screen resolution choices, or slightly different behavior on the external
VGA port. Set a System Restore point before installing the modified drivers.

Good suggestion. I installed their latest driver but I kind of get a
'slicing' effect that makesthe screen unusable. I'm following up on the
forums over there. Yes, it seems Dell is somehint of a special case. I
suppose relying on a laptop for gaming might not have been the best idea
Old September 11th 07, 11:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tecknomage

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:53:59 -0400, SwampYankee wrote:

In article , root@
127.0.0.1 says...
[...]

You may want to refer to TweakGuides' "BioShock Tweak Guide."
http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_1.html

--
==== Tecknomage ====
All technology which is sufficiently advanced becomes