Wacky Surround Sound not working anymore.

Old June 30th 07, 05:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive
Skybuck Flying

Default Wacky Surround Sound not working anymore.

Hmm,

I have been noticing reduced audio quality the last days.

It turns out my surround sound system not working anymore ?

Probably Creative X-Fi Driver related...

Everything seems to be stereo now...

Hmm strange..

Gonna try out what's causing it and then fixing it and then I am gonna view
the die hard 4 movie =D HEHEHEHE

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 30th 07, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive
JAD[_3_]

Don't you have a blog that you can ramble on and on in?

Old June 30th 07, 06:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive
Skybuck Flying

Holy****.

That's pretty amazing.

Here is what I tried and the final solution:

1. Check load DLLML.EXE in msconfig. NO EFFECT.

2. Enable Secondary login in services. NO EFFECT.

3. Reinstalled Audio Console Driver. NO EFFECT.

4. Check power cables. ALL OK. NO EFFECT.

5. Checked speaker and audio settings. NO EFFECT.

Finally I was getting desperate so I did a quick google.

Somebody said as soon as he plugged in 2 extra GB sticks for a total of 4 GB
the surround sound went away. If he pulled the sticks it worked again.

So I finally decided:

7. Re-enable /MAXMEM 2048 setting in msconfig. SUCCESS !! Surround sound is
now working again LOL !!!

I must have disabled the maxmem settings because I wanted to run Dark
Messiah with 4 GB.

Then later my PC died... and Apperently I never got a chance to notice or
test it or something and I forgot about it...

Been wondering why my sound sounded kinda crappy =D

Now everything should sound beautifull AGAIN LOL.

And thanks to the dude who figured it out with the STICKS =D

Ofcourse this is less from ideal... BIG Drawback is only 2 GB of ram now
(

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 30th 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive
SteveH[_2_]

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Holy****.

That's pretty amazing.

Here is what I tried and the final solution:

I wish someone would try the final solution on you

Wacky Surround Sound not working anymore. Skybuck Flying Asus Motherboards 3 June 30th 07 11:05 PM
can i have surround sound with sound blaster? Elhanan Creative Sound Blaster Cards 6 November 29th 05 09:34 AM
Surround Sound Reaper Homebuilt PC's 2 October 6th 05 01:20 AM
Aztech PCI 288 Q3D sound card wacky after upgrade 98 2e up to XP Marco Duin Packard Bell Computers 1 April 13th 04 03:20 PM
sound card and DVD surround sound question David Lewis General 7 December 22nd 03 09:02 AM