jump-drive question

Old December 30th 06, 03:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
figrin d'an

Default jump-drive question

Maybe someone here can help me with this - lexar couldn't: I have a
Dell Dimension B110 that I bought about four months ago. When I tried
to use a Lexar Secure II jump drive with it, an error message would
come up saying that the vault services would not mount. The jump drive
worked OK with my old HP and also with my iBook. So I bought a new
jump drive today, exact same kind, to see if it was the first jump
drive's fault. The same error message came up with the Dell. Any ideas
on what to do? Thanks, Dave

Old December 30th 06, 10:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
figrin d'an

Will do - never tried that. Thanks so much.

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:54:57 GMT, "WSZsr" wrote:

Try a rear USB port.

.. .

Old December 31st 06, 02:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
figrin d'an

Tried that, still doesn't work. Weird. I also had trouble installing
and using iTunes on this computer; a digital camera application also
had the same problem as iTunes. Ended up doing the chat and online
help from a Dell rep to fix the iTunes issue.
A friend of mine also couldn't get iTunes to work on her new Dell; she
takes the iPod to work to add songs.

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 21:46:22 GMT, figrin d'an
wrote:

Will do - never tried that. Thanks so much.

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:54:57 GMT, "WSZsr" wrote:

Try a rear USB port.

. ..

Old January 1st 07, 08:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Sparky Spartacus

WSZsr wrote:
Try a rear USB port.

Why is it everything you say sounds dirty?
Old January 1st 07, 01:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
WSZsr

I guess I am just a dirty old man!

Old January 1st 07, 03:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Chuck

figrin d'an wrote:
Maybe someone here can help me with this - lexar couldn't: I have a
Dell Dimension B110 that I bought about four months ago. When I tried
to use a Lexar Secure II jump drive with it, an error message would
come up saying that the vault services would not mount. The jump drive
worked OK with my old HP and also with my iBook. So I bought a new
jump drive today, exact same kind, to see if it was the first jump
drive's fault. The same error message came up with the Dell. Any ideas
on what to do? Thanks, Dave

From Lexar.com
I have Windows XP and I receive an error that my JumpDrive Secure could
not be mounted after I entered my password.

Please refer to the instructions below to update your JumpDrive Secure
to version 3.2. This will correct the error you are encountering.

- Create a folder on your Desktop and copy all files from your JumpDrive
to this folder. - Copy the entire JumpDrive Secure folder onto your
Desktop. - Verify that there are no important files on your JumpDrive.
The next step requires you to Format your JumpDrive. Once you do this,
you will be deleting all files from your JumpDrive. - Go to My Computer
and locate your JumpDrive. Right-Click on the icon and Select Format
from the Menu. - Uncheck the box next to the Quick-Format if it is
checked. You should be formatting in Full Format - Begin Formatting -
Once the drive is formatted, go to the following link to download
version 3.2 for JumpDrive Secure. http://lexar.com/drivers/index.html. -
Save this file on your desktop - If required, unzip the files

Once you have downloaded the zip file, you will see a Word Document,
which will give you step-by-step instructions on how to install the
software update on your JumpDrive Secure. Please read this document
prior to installing the software on your JumpDrive. Once you have
completed the above steps, you will be able to re-configure your drive
utilizing the 3.2 Version of the JumpDrive Secure Software.

Old January 3rd 07, 11:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Sparky Spartacus

WSZsr wrote:
I guess I am just a dirty old man!

I admire that in a person.