Where do I stang legaly with faulty goods I hve?

Old April 13th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Where do I stang legaly with faulty goods I hve?

Nick Le Lievre wrote:

Checked dabs.com price list of Televisions in ascending order and
discovered they had a used Acer 32" HDTV with a cracked speaker for £
438 ex VAT delivered so I have placed that on order. Pretty good deal
seeing as the cheapest 32" HDTV on eBay tend to have similar faults
and cost about £ 400 delivered http://tinyurl.com/lqlbd and most of
the other reasonable deals in perfect condition cost quite a bit more
and are collection only + I would rather deal with dabs.com as I know
they are honest just hope Parcelfarce/Customs don't delay it this
time. Now it would be nice if dabs.com would reduce the delivery
charge to £ 10 (as it was a free delivery weekend when I bought my
Conrac) and everything would be sweet Sales Order 7587115 if
interested.

Maybe if you deliver it by the same Courier you use to pick up my TV it
would be cheaper for you... I`m in everyday so won't be a problem with
collection

--
Jersey, Channel Islands
http://nicklelievre.redirectme.net

Old April 13th 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

[...]

Just for anyone not aware of why I say the "same Courier" Parcelforce can't
collect in Jersey as its handed over to Jerseypost when it arrives in Jersey
as they will no doubt use Parcelforce to send the Acer by default they will
have to use someone else to collect the faulty TV. Unless they could get
Parcelforce to instruct Jerseypost to collect it but I`m not sure that is
possible... anyway I don't even know if anyone's reading this newsgroup so I
emailed dabs.com hoping to recieved the £ 10 delivery offer I have otherwise
lost... If someone from dabs.com is reading this newsgroup they would be in
a very influential position I imagine maybe even Jonathon Wall himself.

Old April 13th 06, 08:54 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
.com...
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

[...]

Do you often talk to yourself?

MC

Old April 13th 06, 09:01 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Nick Le Lievre wrote:

Just for anyone not aware of why I say the "same Courier" Parcelforce
can't collect in Jersey as its handed over to Jerseypost when it
arrives in Jersey as they will no doubt use Parcelforce to send the
Acer by default they will have to use someone else to collect the
faulty TV. Unless they could get Parcelforce to instruct Jerseypost
to collect it but I`m not sure that is possible... anyway I don't
even know if anyone's reading this newsgroup so I emailed dabs.com
hoping to recieved the £ 10 delivery offer I have otherwise lost...
If someone from dabs.com is reading this newsgroup they would be in a
very influential position I imagine maybe even Jonathon Wall himself.

Things that I`m sure would **** off the average person about this order(s)

1. 2 week delay due to Parcelforce/Customs issue in UK
2. TV is faulty
3. dabs.com refuse to price match a repaired TV replacement with their own
offer price 3 weeks earlier
3. dabs.com don't reply to emails except to send an RMA technically
cancelling the order
4. Customer loses Free Delivery offer on any other product bought as a
result of this problem

Things that would please the average person about this order(s)

1. Cheap deal on 30" LCD TV
2. Immediate refund offered when TV was missing
3. When TV reported faulty RMA issued with full refund due (including
initial carriage costs)
4. Another cheap deal available due to damaged casing

I can see why people would be ****ed off enough not to use dabs.com ever
again but it won't and hasn't stopped me placing another order and other
orders through them in the future if they continue to offer good deals.

Old April 13th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

MC wrote:
"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in
message .com...
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

[...]

Yep people have tried that one before.

Old April 13th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"MC" wrote in message

Do you often talk to yourself?

MC

If memory serves then yes he does - there was one contributor a while back
(I'm sure it was Nick) who could have a 100 post thread where he was the
only contributor - much along the lines you see before you today - a running
commentary which no **** bothers to read.

The lad is a bit soft so cut him a wee bit slack.

g.

Old April 13th 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Fat Freddy's Cat wrote:
"MC" wrote in message

Do you often talk to yourself?

MC

If memory serves then yes he does - there was one contributor a while
back (I'm sure it was Nick) who could have a 100 post thread where he
was the only contributor - much along the lines you see before you
today - a running commentary which no **** bothers to read.

The lad is a bit soft so cut him a wee bit slack.

g.

Just becuase you don't bother to read it doesn't mean people who actually
matter do ie dabs.com what gives you the right to think that "no other ****"
reads it? I which you would keep your opinions to yourselves as I just make
a **** outta ya.

Old April 13th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:

[...]

If you read this an thought by "average person" I mean't that I am in
someway not an average person or better then an average person in some way
then you have obviously misunderstood me maybe this is the reason for the
snide remarks posted to the other messages. I`m just trying to look at
things from a different perspective I don't allow myself to get ****ed off
with things if I did well I`m be a very unhappy man.

Old April 13th 06, 10:45 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Hi I'm

Old April 13th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Nick le Lievre
I am 31, balding