speedfan config???

Old May 8th 05, 12:48 PM
Matt Lobegeiger

Default speedfan config???

Just wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me make sense of
my speedfan readings... I have an Athlon XP 2000+ on a Gigabyte GA-7VA
motherboard with one (tiny) 13gb hard drive. As far as fans go there's
the cpu fan, of course, connected to the correct connector, a case fan
connected to the cas fan connector on the mobo and another case fan
connected directly to a power source plug.

I've gone through the help manual and I get what they're on about but it
doesn't clear up how to figure out which reading is for which device.

This is the detection info:

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked VIA VT8235 SMBUS at $5000
Found nVidia TNT2 Model 64 / TNT2 Model 64 Pro
Linked nVidiaI2C0 SMBUS at $3D403E3F
Linked nVidiaI2C1 SMBUS at $3D403637
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
IT8712F/IT8705F found on ISA at $290
SuperIO Chip=IT8705F
Scanning VIA SMBus at $5000...
LM90 (ID=$20) found on SMBus at $4C
Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D403E3F...
Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D403637...
SMART Enabled for drive 0
Found ST313021A (13.0GB)
End of detection

This is my config info:
Temps:
Label Chip Sensor Sample BUS Address
Temp1 IT8712F Temp1 34C ISA $290
Temp2 IT8712F Temp2 -55C ISA $290
Temp3 IT8712F Temp3 -55C ISA $290
Local LM90 Local 50C VIA SMBus $4C
Remote LM90 Remote 53C VIA SMBus $4C

Fans:
Label Cihp Sensor Sample BUS Address
Fan01 IT8712F Fan1 4219 RPM ISA $290
Fan02 IT8712F Fan2 5819 RPM ISA $290
Fan03 IT8712F Fan3 0 RPM ISA $290

Speeds:
Label Chip Sensor BUS Address
Speed01 IT8712F Pwm1 ISA $290
Speed02 IT8712F Pwm2 ISA $290
Speed03 IT8712F Pwm3 ISA $290

I don't care about the voltages right now so I didn't list them.

So I'm guessing there's 3 useful temp readings: 34, 50 & 53. I'm also
guessing the highest is the CPU but what are the other two? Mobo & HDD?
HDD & case? something else? The two fans are obviously the two that are
plugged into the mobo but which is which?

Any help appreciated.

thanks

matt
Old May 8th 05, 01:16 PM

Matt Lobegeiger wrote:
[...]

Temp1 = case temp
Local = temp measured from the internal CPU temperature sensor?
Remote = temp measured from the m/b CPU temperature sensor?
Or would Local and Remote be the other way round?

Fans:
Label Cihp Sensor Sample BUS Address
Fan01 IT8712F Fan1 4219 RPM ISA $290
Fan02 IT8712F Fan2 5819 RPM ISA $290
Fan03 IT8712F Fan3 0 RPM ISA $290

Speeds:
Label Chip Sensor BUS Address
Speed01 IT8712F Pwm1 ISA $290
Speed02 IT8712F Pwm2 ISA $290
Speed03 IT8712F Pwm3 ISA $290

I don't care about the voltages right now so I didn't list them.

So I'm guessing there's 3 useful temp readings: 34, 50 & 53. I'm also

guessing the highest is the CPU but what are the other two? Mobo &

HDD?
HDD & case? something else? The two fans are obviously the two that

are
plugged into the mobo but which is which?

The only temperatures you usually get are case, and CPU temps.

Fan1 will probably be the fan connected into 'Fan1', and Fan2 will
probably be the fan connected into 'Fan2'. On the m/b next to the
connectors they usually have 'Fanx'. The one plugged into the power
directly can't report a speed though, only the ones plugged into the
m/b.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

matt

Old May 8th 05, 02:01 PM
old jon

Hi Matt, you could safely unplug both case fans for a short while to test
what reading you then have. That`ll give you the cpu reading. Then connect
up the case fans one at a time to read them. Got me ?. best wishes..J

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
Does Speedfan work with the K8NS (non-Pro)? Ed Masters Gigabyte Motherboards 4 October 26th 04 12:55 AM
Speedfan Support? Walt Asus Motherboards 0 July 15th 04 04:16 PM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Ghosted a RAID5 config successfully - questions on disk signature cyberpunk Storage (alternative) 2 July 9th 03 07:16 PM