REQ: Anyone know where to get RGB monitor cable?

Old October 19th 03, 08:48 PM
Cookie

Default REQ: Anyone know where to get RGB monitor cable?

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get a RGB cable for a
Belinea 15" monitor, model no. 10 30 20
or anyone got a broken belinea they aren't using

UK

Regards
Phil

Old October 20th 03, 02:26 AM
Overlord

Site claims a 10 30 20 is a 17" monitor.
It also claims;
Video Connection 15pin mini D Sub plug

The 10 20 30 is a 15" monitor and it also claims;
Video Connection 15pin mini D Sub plug

If you were looking for a 13w3 or something it might be slightly more
difficult. As it is, you are looking for what is possibly the most
common video cable on the planet. Does this mean the old cable was
molded in or does the monitor have a plug? Were you going to splice
in a new cable or were you going to plug it in?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:48:23 +0100, "Cookie"
wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get a RGB cable for a
Belinea 15" monitor, model no. 10 30 20
or anyone got a broken belinea they aren't using

UK

Regards
Phil

~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]

~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old October 20th 03, 07:19 AM
Cookie

The 10 20 30 is a 15" monitor and it also claims;
Video Connection 15pin mini D Sub plug

yes this 1.

It just plugs in behind the tube inside the case. but I presume
not all plugs connections are the same inside, thats why I
would need the same model or type.

regards
Phil

Old October 20th 03, 02:07 PM
Overlord

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:19:01 +0100, "Cookie"
wrote:

The 10 20 30 is a 15" monitor and it also claims;
Video Connection 15pin mini D Sub plug

yes this 1.

It just plugs in behind the tube inside the case. but I presume
not all plugs connections are the same inside, thats why I
would need the same model or type.

regards
Phil

Hmmm, dunno. There is a 3 year onsite warranty/exchange on your
particular monitor:
http://www.belinea.co.uk/support/garantie/garantie.asp
Or you might contact them about repairs/parts:
http://www.belinea.co.uk/include/kontaktek.asp

If this is unacceptable, I suggest pulling the cable and checking the
continuity thru the pins with a meter. If you have skills, you might
remove the cable and take it to an electronics repair shop to find the
same internal plug that is on the end of the cable. Also, for your
edification, I leave you with a pinout of the connection which may
help. I find it very useful and no doubt others will too.

I await flames from the purists.

~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]

~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old October 20th 03, 02:39 PM
Newt

The pinage/wiring of these cables is industry standard, so any rgb cable
that has the correct plug for your set up ie male/female on the ends will
do. You could also ask at your local pc shop if they make them up to order.

Old October 20th 03, 02:47 PM
Overlord

wrote:

[...]

Neat, scraped off my file.
Here's a link;
http://www.networktechinc.com/technote.html#pc
~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]

~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old October 20th 03, 07:05 PM
Cookie

Thanks for the help guys

I had a look at your diagrams kurt these will be of use to me,
I'll get an old rgb cable end and solder the wires together and see
what happens.

thanks again
Phil