3.8GHZ?

Old November 21st 04, 05:15 AM
Robert Riehl

Default 3.8GHZ?

Any word on when dell will have this available?

TIA

Old November 21st 04, 12:34 PM
WSZsr

Now and only in the XPS Gen 4 system

Old November 21st 04, 01:07 PM
Manuel Fischer

"WSZsr" schrieb:

Now and only in the XPS Gen 4 system

I hope the XPS Gen 3 can sometimes updated to a 3.8 or 4 GHz Pentium.
When I get my XPS Gen 3, the CPU capabilities for the motherboard
reported by SiSoft Sandra was 3.6 GHz. After the new bios update
SiSoft Sandra suddenly reports a capability of 4.0 GHz CPU for the
board :-)

Regards,
Manuel

Old November 21st 04, 01:12 PM
Tom Scales

"WSZsr" schrieb:

Now and only in the XPS Gen 4 system

I hope the XPS Gen 3 can sometimes updated to a 3.8 or 4 GHz Pentium.
When I get my XPS Gen 3, the CPU capabilities for the motherboard
reported by SiSoft Sandra was 3.6 GHz. After the new bios update
SiSoft Sandra suddenly reports a capability of 4.0 GHz CPU for the
board :-)

Regards,
Manuel

Except Intel announced they have stopped design on the 4Ghz and won't ever
release it. They have shifted to dual core development.

Old November 21st 04, 04:00 PM
Manuel Fischer

"WSZsr" schrieb:

Now and only in the XPS Gen 4 system

I hope the XPS Gen 3 can sometimes updated to a 3.8 or 4 GHz Pentium.
When I get my XPS Gen 3, the CPU capabilities for the motherboard
reported by SiSoft Sandra was 3.6 GHz. After the new bios update
SiSoft Sandra suddenly reports a capability of 4.0 GHz CPU for the
board :-)

Except Intel announced they have stopped design on the 4Ghz and won't ever
release it. They have shifted to dual core development.

Intel would never develop a P _4_ with 4 GHz. The actual used cpu core
has to many problems regarding the high frequency.

Intel does not say they never release a 4 GHz cpu (called Pentium
or whatever). And the new 3.8 GHz cpu with lower power consumption
together with the NX feature has a fsb of 800 MHz, it would fit
perfectly in an XPS Gen 3, if the board supports the higher frequency
as reported.

Regards,
Manuel
Old November 21st 04, 04:32 PM
Tom Scales

"WSZsr" schrieb:

[...]

I believe that a P4-4Ghz was clearly implied.

Old November 23rd 04, 12:49 PM
Manuel Fischer

"Tweek" schrieb:

Intel canceled the 4Ghz P4, 3.8Ghz is the fastes you will be able to get.

Yes, I know (as you see in my following posts if you read it).

Intel cancelled the Pentium _4_ with 4 GHz. Intel does not cancel
any other Pentium generation which will go over 4 GHz. And if this
CPU (however it is called) has a 775 connection, it will fit in the
XPS Gen 3.

Regards,
Manuel