Primary slave not detected

Old April 25th 04, 07:52 PM
half_pint

"bearman" wrote in message
news

"Helene" wrote in message
Thank you all for your help. I have found my answer. I had been

searching
and searching Gateway support but apparently hadn't used quite the right
keywords. A gentleman in the alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 group knew

what
needed and where the fix was under Gateway support. I 'm sorry if I sent

you
on a wild goose chase. Hope I'm welcome back if anything comes up in the
future.

Helene

But what was the fix?

Typical, a lot of people put in a great deal of effort into trying to help
her but the ignorant cow can't even be arsed to say what the solution was.
Makes me wonder why people bother!!

bearman

Old April 25th 04, 07:57 PM
half_pint

"Helene" wrote in message
There is a known problem with the older versions of GoBack. GoBack has to

be
disabled. Then a patch can be downloaded. I have the url if anyone is
interested.

Hasn't bearman just indicated that you stupid ****?

Helene

"bearman" wrote in message
news

Old April 25th 04, 08:05 PM
half_pint

heres the solution the lazy fooka couldn't ne arsed to post.
http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/666809910.shtml

"bearman" wrote in message
news

Old April 25th 04, 11:01 PM
Helene

Mr. half_pint (gotta wonder why that nickname?), you are so rude. Apparently
women are not welcome here (or maybe it's just me) without being insulted.
If you had read more carefully, you would have seen that I answered bearman
immediately with what I had found out and offered to post more information
if anyone was interested. NO ONE ASKED!!! Fortunately I have found most of
the people who answered me were kind and helpful. You apparently are the one
with the problem!!

Helene

"half_pint" wrote in message
heres the solution the lazy fooka couldn't ne arsed to post.
http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/666809910.shtml

"bearman" wrote in message
news

Old April 25th 04, 11:23 PM
half_pint

"Helene" wrote in message
Mr. half_pint (gotta wonder why that nickname?), you are so rude.

Apparently
women are not welcome here (or maybe it's just me) without being insulted.
If you had read more carefully, you would have seen that I answered

bearman
immediately with what I had found out and offered to post more information
if anyone was interested. NO ONE ASKED!!! Fortunately I have found most of
the people who answered me were kind and helpful. You apparently are the

one
with the problem!!

Yes stupid ignorant ****ers like you, however it is easy enough for me
to get rid of my problem. Your's however, appears to be very deeply
rooted.

Helene

"half_pint" wrote in message
heres the solution the lazy fooka couldn't ne arsed to post.
http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/666809910.shtml

"bearman" wrote in message
news

Old April 25th 04, 11:27 PM
half_pint

"Helene" wrote in message
Mr. half_pint (gotta wonder why that nickname?), you are so rude.

Apparently
women are not welcome here (or maybe it's just me) without being insulted.
If you had read more carefully, you would have seen that I answered

bearman
immediately with what I had found out and offered to post more information
if anyone was interested. NO ONE ASKED!!! Fortunately I have found most of
the people who answered me were kind and helpful. You apparently are the

one
with the problem!!

Helene

You also have the attitude of a ****ed up deranged lesbian feminist.
So that two little problems you have.

Old April 26th 04, 12:17 AM
~misfit~

Helene wrote:
"half_pint" wrote in message

Yes, has worked fine for about 3-4 years. They have made no recent
changes. Thanks for all the time you are spending on my problem.

Helene,

half-pint knows next-to-nothing about PCs. He's just a lonely guy trying to
get attention. I see he has insulted you further down the thread with very
little, if any provocation. Of course you are welcome back here anytime.

The thing about usenet is that you get idiots in groups. If you need further
info anytime in the future I suggest you look at some previous posts and see
who the *really* helpful, knowledgable people are. The Mad Hatter is
helpful, he's just a bit brash at times and can jump to conclusions, Kony is
excellent, Cerridwen is usually good too. There are others (sorry if I
missed you guys, I was just going by who's posts are showing in my NG client
at present).

Glad you fixed your friend's problem. You seem like a helpful person.
--
~misfit~

Old April 26th 04, 12:20 AM
~misfit~

Helene wrote:
Mr. half_pint (gotta wonder why that nickname?), you are so rude.
Apparently women are not welcome here (or maybe it's just me) without
being insulted.

Please don't judge the group by the words of a recent, unwelcome arrival. If
there is anyone unwelcome here it is the half-inch.
--
~misfit~

CDRW not being detected as pri or sec slave... Fredericks General 2 April 18th 04 10:01 PM
lost primary slave when installing ASUS A7V8X-X BC Berry General 3 January 1st 04 02:33 AM
hdd as primary slave vizor General 5 October 17th 03 05:56 PM
primary slave drive fails (after bug with nero image drive) Jean General 1 October 8th 03 02:33 PM
set CDROM as master not slave? kony General 1 June 28th 03 07:40 AM