"Unknown CPU Type @2200MHz"

Old May 29th 04, 12:16 PM
Dublevay

"OZoNE" wrote in message

Use CPU-Z...I ferget web addy...H-Oda.org i think.
Anyways Are you sure your nnot looking at the L1 Cache?
Also A 2400+ Barton Mobile might have a little more headroom to O/C over

the
2600-M
They can all be found at www.newegg.com
I doubt your cous is hosed...My board never saw a 3200+ when I set

11x200...
It could be that even though you flashed backwards the part of the Bios

that
ID's the cpu doesnt get over written.
OZoNE

I'll try what you said, but I'm off out at the moment. Thing is though, on
SiSoft Sandra's cache memory test, my performance has really dropped off. It
used to be up there with the XP3200+, but now is petering out near the 128K
mark. ( It was definitely the L2 cache I was looking at.

JW

Old May 29th 04, 01:57 PM
Larz50

Dublevay wrote:

I guess that is why my mobo cannot recognise it to be a

Barton now?
Methinks a mobile XP2500+ will be the next choice. Though

does anyone
have any experience with the XP2600-M yet?

Got one on a Shuttle AN35N and I love it! I am running it
at 11x200 @ 1.5 volts because of temp problems when I go
higher, but I know it will do 2500Mhz stable. I need fix an
airflow problem through my case, then I'll make her fly.

They can all be found at www.newegg.com
I doubt your cous is hosed...My board never saw a 3200+ when I set

11x200...
It could be that even though you flashed backwards the part of the Bios

that
ID's the cpu doesnt get over written.
OZoNE

I'll try what you said, but I'm off out at the moment. Thing is though, on
SiSoft Sandra's cache memory test, my performance has really dropped off.

It
used to be up there with the XP3200+, but now is petering out near the

128K
mark. ( It was definitely the L2 cache I was looking at.

JW

Maybe a crack i the core where the cache is...
Bummer if its broken.
Just keep in mind you will probably see UNKNOWN cpu again with the
mobile...I will look for Bios 1008and see if it reads mine as a 3200+
(11x200) and post back.
Again Bummer on the cpu bein hosed but had to make sure....
The 2500+ I think is a good deal for about $90 US at newegg.com
OZoNE

The 2500+ I think is a good deal for about $90 US at newegg.com
OZoNE

A closer look at the CPU has revealed that I have broken one of the resistor
groups. One of them is split in half, and although this is probably the only
fault, I am not confident enough with a soldering iron to do this sort of
soldering to replace it.

(

JW

On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 11:49 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Athlon XP on old board is 'unknown CPU type' is this gonna be a problem? Simon Overclocking AMD Processors 2 January 29th 04 11:44 PM
Athlon XP on old board is 'unknown CPU type' is this gonna be a problem? Simon Overclocking AMD Processors 2 January 20th 04 09:05 AM
"Unknown CPU Type" error when booting TT Overclocking AMD Processors 4 October 22nd 03 05:57 PM