Multiplier

Old November 16th 03, 08:27 AM
JRS

Default Multiplier

Ive got an XP 2600+; NON-Barton, What do I need to do to get this chip
running @ 2.06 like I was told it could?

Gigabyte KT400

Say it is running @ 1725.

=(

..

Old November 16th 03, 08:36 AM
John Smith

Hi
Multiplier should be 12.5 X 166Mhz front side bus
Smiffy

Old November 16th 03, 08:41 AM
JRS

how do i do that? its @ 11.5 X 133.

..

Old November 16th 03, 09:15 AM
John Smith

should be on the bios somewhere
what model KT400?
Smiffy
"JRS" wrote in message .. .
how do i do that? its @ 11.5 X 133.

.

Old November 16th 03, 12:55 PM
John Smith

"JRS" wrote in message .. .
how do i do that? its @ 11.5 X 133.

.

Old November 16th 03, 03:30 PM
JRS

Mobo = Gigabyte K7 Triton 400 Series (KT 400 - AGP8X/FSB333)
BIOS = Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ROM in socket = YES - Size = 256k
BIOS ID = 10/11/2002-KT400-8235-6A6LYG0CC-00
Chipset = VIA 82C3189 rev 0

Old November 16th 03, 03:31 PM
JRS

RAM = SINGLE stick of: 512MB 266Mhz DDR PC2100 DIMM CL 2.5

Old November 16th 03, 09:53 PM
al

JRS wrote:
Ive got an XP 2600+; NON-Barton, What do I need to do to get this chip
running @ 2.06 like I was told it could?

Gigabyte KT400

Say it is running @ 1725.

=(

.

I saw that you have 2100 memory and that's not suposed to run in 2+166
it goes in 2+133.I don't know about that motherboard if you can run mem
speed separated from the fronsidebus speed but your option to run your
pc faster is to increase the fsb as much as posible.I don't think your
processor has a unlocked multiplier and that means you are stuck with
the default 11,5 multiplikator if you don't manipulate the processor.
I have to tell you that the only thing I'm 100%sure of is what speed
your memory are suposed to run.And how much faster you can run it
depends on what mark it is and the quality of the chip itself.
I'm sure though that people that knows this things better than me will
tell you what you need to know.
regards
al

Old November 17th 03, 12:44 AM
Hank

"JRS" wrote in message
.. .
Ive got an XP 2600+; NON-Barton, What do I need to do to get this chip
running @ 2.06 like I was told it could?

Gigabyte KT400

Say it is running @ 1725.

=(

There are 3 2600+ XP's. These are the stock numbers. A 266 FSB TBred (16 X
133) for 2133 MHz. A 333 FSB TBred (12.5 x 166) for 2083 MHz and a 333 FSB
Barton (11.5 X 333) for 1917 MHz

If your running PC2100 memory you'll be stuck down around the 266 FSB range.

Hank