Logical reset of ink level

Old September 6th 07, 06:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
il barbi

Default Logical reset of ink level

I usually fill the cartridge of my HP F380 with compatible ink getting
acceptable results, but I'm faced with the problem of making the printer
driver to learn that the ink level is full. The ink provider gives a hw
procedure I find very difficult, namely you have to cover with scotchtape
two of the header contacts and then to remove the cartridge and put it again
in a mandatory sequence, so it is easy to make some mistake.
Now I wonder whether there is some sw utility to do it. Till now I get
warnings such as "ink is going to be lacking" but maybe will it just stop
printing at all?
il barbi

Old September 6th 07, 07:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"il barbi" wrote in message
. ..
I usually fill the cartridge of my HP F380 with compatible ink getting
acceptable results, but I'm faced with the problem of making the printer
driver to learn that the ink level is full. The ink provider gives a hw
procedure I find very difficult, namely you have to cover with scotchtape
two of the header contacts and then to remove the cartridge and put it
again in a mandatory sequence, so it is easy to make some mistake.
Now I wonder whether there is some sw utility to do it.

I have never heard of one. You can rotate two old cartrdiges through the
printer, the third will appear "full".

Till now I get warnings such as "ink is going to be lacking"
but maybe will it just stop printing at all?

It will not stop printing because it thinks the cartridge is empty (or past
an expiration date). It will eventually stop printing as the cartridge
fails electrically.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old September 7th 07, 03:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Tait

"Bob Headrick" wrote in
:

procedure I find very difficult, namely you have to cover with
scotchtape two of the header contacts and then to remove the cartridge
and put it again in a mandatory sequence, so it is easy to make some
mistake.
Now I wonder whether there is some sw utility to do it.

I have never heard of one. You can rotate two old cartrdiges through
the printer, the third will appear "full".

Its been around.
It fools the printer somehow into thinking you put different cartridges
into it.

Ink level reset for HPF380 il barbi Printers 7 March 17th 07 06:04 PM
Ink Level Reset rusiu Printers 10 March 2nd 06 06:30 AM
hp5740 ink level reset rusiu Printers 1 July 11th 05 02:50 PM
I960 ink level reset beezer Printers 4 May 26th 04 01:26 PM
HP 930C ink level reset Cippa Printers 0 September 30th 03 01:53 PM