Inspiron 8600 wireless notebook to existing wireless network?

Old February 22nd 04, 08:08 PM
S.

Default Inspiron 8600 wireless notebook to existing wireless network?

I have a Inspiron 8600 coming in about a week or so. It'll have the Intel
wireless lan inside. I already have a I8100 laptop with a PCMCIA wireless
card connecting to a Microsoft 802.11b wireless router.

My question is: When I turn on my "new" I8600, will it automatically try to
connect to my wireless router? Does it have some sort of wizard that will
try and figure the settings? Or will I have to turn the wireless connection
on (don't know if it's always on or not) and configure it to my existing
Microsoft 802.11b wireless router?

Thanks for any info. you can give.

Attached Images

Old February 24th 04, 03:32 AM
Inspiron 5100

When I turn on my Inspiron 5100, it finds any available wireless connection
right away. Once the system is all booted up, just open the wireless
configuration utility, and you should see all available wireless
connections, along with the signal quality and strength.

"Stephen Russell" wrote in message
I believe mine found the network right away.

. com...