Nero fails to complete and close out CD

Old June 17th 04, 12:18 AM
Reg

Default Nero fails to complete and close out CD

Wallmart had a special on Memorex CD-R's. My system had been working great
with Nero 6. Right from the first CD, Nero times out when trying to finish a
job. I re-installed and updated nero a number of times. I tried EZ- Cd
Creator and it works everytime. Anybody have any ideas.
After reading something in the CD news group, tried burning using DAO. It
worked better but not anywhere near perfect. Now it times out allot earlier.
Here's some of the error log.

WriteTrack called
Is Media Present [true]
CMediaChk::Check Sizes, Project [354496] Disc [359843]
CMediaChk::IsMediaOK(), Diagnostic messages begin
Disc in the recorder
Blank = 1, Disc name =
Blocks=359843, Tracks = 99
Disc signature = 0,Next address = 0
Looking for the following disc
Blank = 1, Disc name =
Blocks=359843, Tracks = 99
Disc signature = 0,Next address = 0
CMediaChk::IsMediaOK(), Diagnostic messages end
Is Media Present [true]
CMediaChk::IsMediaOK(), Diagnostic messages begin
Disc in the recorder
Blank = 1, Disc name =
Blocks=359843, Tracks = 99
Disc signature = 0,Next address = 0
Looking for the following disc
Blank = 1, Disc name =
Blocks=359843, Tracks = 99
Disc signature = 0,Next address = 0
CMediaChk::IsMediaOK(), Diagnostic messages end
Writing track - length 726007808 - 187 source file(s)
TrackFinished called
OnTrackDone called
OnNextSession called
12:12:51 AM,June 16, 2004
End CD creation
Dlg::OnDiscFinished called
OnDiscFinished called
Dlg::CleanupAfterFinalDisc called

Old June 17th 04, 06:48 AM
Mike Richter

Reg wrote:
Wallmart had a special on Memorex CD-R's. My system had been working great
with Nero 6. Right from the first CD, Nero times out when trying to finish a
job. I re-installed and updated nero a number of times. I tried EZ- Cd
Creator and it works everytime. Anybody have any ideas.

One idea is not to use those discs. They obviously do not match your
drive, assuming that other lines work well for you.

You can try writing slower - regardless of what the package says.

You may well be able to trade with someone for whom they work well. It's
not that the discs are "bad", only that they're wrong for your drive.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old June 17th 04, 01:16 PM
TommyDale

I use the Memorex discs all the time, and have yet to have a failure
with any burning software, including all versions of Nero. Since you
say you have used both EZ CD Creator and Nero 6, and you have
re-installed Nero multiple times, I suspect a corrupted registry OR an
ASPI conflict. You might want to clean your registry and do a NEW
istall after re-booting. This is not a job for the faint-hearted,
however, and precautions should be taken to backup your registry
before attacking the problem. Depending on the operating system you
are using, ASPI from Roxio doesn't like Nero -- that's why Nero uses
its own version.
Old June 17th 04, 02:41 PM
Graham Mayor

TommyDale wrote:
Depending on the operating system you
are using, ASPI from Roxio doesn't like Nero -- that's why Nero uses
its own version.

Nero uses its own version of ASPI, where necessary, because Windows 2000/XP
do not provide ASPI.

--

Graham Mayor