Upgrade Memory Aspire 5044WLMi Notebook

Old February 24th 08, 06:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Red Squirrel

Default Upgrade Memory Aspire 5044WLMi Notebook

Does anyone know how to upgrade the memory SODIMMs in this machine. There
is an unmarked cover on the underside which I guessed was for the memory
but when I took the cover off the wireless network card was under it.

I am guessing the memory slots are therefore under the keyboard but I
cannot find a hardware manual anywhere on the web which actually tells me
how to replace the memory

--
Red Squirrel
Old February 24th 08, 07:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Molesworth

In article ,
Red Squirrel wrote:

Does anyone know how to upgrade the memory SODIMMs in this machine. There
is an unmarked cover on the underside which I guessed was for the memory
but when I took the cover off the wireless network card was under it.

I am guessing the memory slots are therefore under the keyboard but I
cannot find a hardware manual anywhere on the web which actually tells me
how to replace the memory

I d/l an Aspire 3100 manual, complete with pics on how to dismantle the
entire notebook. Trouble is, I can't remember where I got it from!

But it *is* online somewhere.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

--
Molesworth
Old February 24th 08, 08:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Red Squirrel

Molesworth wrote in
:

In article ,
Red Squirrel wrote:

Does anyone know how to upgrade the memory SODIMMs in this machine.
There is an unmarked cover on the underside which I guessed was for
the memory but when I took the cover off the wireless network card
was under it.

I am guessing the memory slots are therefore under the keyboard but I
cannot find a hardware manual anywhere on the web which actually
tells me how to replace the memory

I d/l an Aspire 3100 manual, complete with pics on how to dismantle
the entire notebook. Trouble is, I can't remember where I got it from!

But it *is* online somewhere.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

I've actually found it now - the memory slots are on the bottom, just not
where the user guide indicates. On this model they are actually under
the cover marked for the hard disk. The hard disk and memory share the
same cover.

--
Red Squirrel