Vostro 1400 notebook....

Old September 28th 07, 01:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

Default Vostro 1400 notebook....

....just got my hands on one today loaded with Vista Home Basic.

Very impressed with the build, appearance and performance. Shocked,
actually. System looks much nicer than the images, imo.

Pretty snappy with the T5740 cpu, 2gb RAM and 128mb Nvidia 8400M GS.

Stew

Old September 28th 07, 12:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

S.Lewis wrote:

...just got my hands on one today loaded with Vista Home Basic.

Very impressed with the build, appearance and performance. Shocked,
actually. System looks much nicer than the images, imo.

Pretty snappy with the T5740 cpu, 2gb RAM and 128mb Nvidia 8400M GS.

Stew

default T5470

It's about 15% faster than the former default Inspirons, which may just be
default FSB speed differences (800 vs 533), even for slightly faster CPU's.

The 1400 though doesn't come with XP, so screw it.

Old September 28th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
S.Lewis wrote:

...just got my hands on one today loaded with Vista Home Basic.

Very impressed with the build, appearance and performance. Shocked,
actually. System looks much nicer than the images, imo.

Pretty snappy with the T5740 cpu, 2gb RAM and 128mb Nvidia 8400M GS.

Stew

default T5470

It's about 15% faster than the former default Inspirons, which may just be
default FSB speed differences (800 vs 533), even for slightly faster
CPU's.

The 1400 though doesn't come with XP, so screw it.

That was sort of my point. The machine performed reasonably well with the
default CPU (it was purchased from the Outlet).

Stew

Old September 29th 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

...just got my hands on one today loaded with Vista Home Basic.

Very impressed with the build, appearance and performance. Shocked,
actually. System looks much nicer than the images, imo.

Pretty snappy with the T5740 cpu, 2gb RAM and 128mb Nvidia 8400M GS.

Stew

Build quality was VEEY solid huh?
Old October 1st 07, 03:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
S.Lewis wrote:

...just got my hands on one today loaded with Vista Home Basic.

Very impressed with the build, appearance and performance. Shocked,
actually. System looks much nicer than the images, imo.

Pretty snappy with the T5740 cpu, 2gb RAM and 128mb Nvidia 8400M GS.

Stew

default T5470

It's about 15% faster than the former default Inspirons, which may just be
default FSB speed differences (800 vs 533), even for slightly faster
CPU's.

The 1400 though doesn't come with XP, so screw it.

it was available with xp pre-installed. but i don't see it offered now. go
figure. however, drivers for xp are listed for this model on
support.dell.com if you wanted to install it yourself.

Old October 1st 07, 03:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
S.Lewis wrote:

...just got my hands on one today loaded with Vista Home Basic.

Very impressed with the build, appearance and performance. Shocked,
actually. System looks much nicer than the images, imo.

Pretty snappy with the T5740 cpu, 2gb RAM and 128mb Nvidia 8400M GS.

Stew

default T5470

It's about 15% faster than the former default Inspirons, which may just
be
default FSB speed differences (800 vs 533), even for slightly faster
CPU's.

The 1400 though doesn't come with XP, so screw it.

it was available with xp pre-installed. but i don't see it offered now.
go figure. however, drivers for xp are listed for this model on
support.dell.com if you wanted to install it yourself.

The system is for a student who can deal with Windows Vista. XP wasn't a
prerequisite on their part.

Vostro only for Biz Users? R2D2 Dell Computers 2 September 22nd 07 05:37 AM
Vostro 200 Freezes apope8 Dell Computers 9 September 19th 07 12:51 AM
Vostro 1400 xD cards Ian McMillan Dell Computers 0 August 19th 07 10:25 PM
Vostro Rider Dell Computers 3 August 12th 07 11:25 PM
What abt Vostro? [email protected] Dell Computers 11 August 9th 07 04:05 PM