Replacement Case parts for Presario 1000NX series

Old May 30th 07, 05:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
B. W.

Default Replacement Case parts for Presario 1000NX series

I have a Presario 1000NX series system that was given to me by someone who
was going to toss the system after it stopped working. The motherboard had
died and I've replaced that so that it's working just great. However the
guy actually kicked and really dented the main side panel that you use to
access the internal components. Well it was dented so bad that I couldn't
fix it and get it to fit the case again.

Where can I get side panels for the Presario 2000NX or 1000NX series
desktops? I did check from a customers 2000NX that those side panels will
fit it just fine too.

Bradley

Old June 3rd 07, 07:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

On May 29, 9:47 pm, "B. W." wrote:
I have a Presario 1000NX series system that was given to me by someone who
was going to toss the system after it stopped working. The motherboard had
died and I've replaced that so that it's working just great. However the
guy actually kicked and really dented the main side panel that you use to
access the internal components. Well it was dented so bad that I couldn't
fix it and get it to fit the case again.

Where can I get side panels for the Presario 2000NX or 1000NX series
desktops? I did check from a customers 2000NX that those side panels will
fit it just fine too.

Bradley

Hammer and Pliers, and a sturdy flat blade screwdriver are a No-go? He
didn't manage to dent the case too, did he?

Old June 5th 07, 08:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
B. W.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 29, 9:47 pm, "B. W." wrote:
I have a Presario 1000NX series system that was given to me by someone
who
was going to toss the system after it stopped working. The motherboard
had
died and I've replaced that so that it's working just great. However the
guy actually kicked and really dented the main side panel that you use to
access the internal components. Well it was dented so bad that I
couldn't
fix it and get it to fit the case again.

Where can I get side panels for the Presario 2000NX or 1000NX series
desktops? I did check from a customers 2000NX that those side panels
will
fit it just fine too.

Bradley

Hammer and Pliers, and a sturdy flat blade screwdriver are a No-go? He
didn't manage to dent the case too, did he?

The edges of the regular case had some damage, but not much and I
straightened those out. The panel itself is so bad that it's still warped
and I couldn't get it back into normal alignment. I'd prefer to find a
panel from a used system and just sell it on eBay or something.

Old June 5th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

On Jun 5, 12:24 am, "B. W." wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 29, 9:47 pm, "B. W." wrote:
[...]

There are various computer recyclers, and used computer dealers. I
work at one, but I'm positive I don't have a side panel for that
system.

I've fixed panels before, and I've yet to find one that was so bad, I
couldn't get it to mount. Some elbow grease was required in some
cases. The trick is to lay the system on it's side, get the front
edge started, and kind of work your way from there, bending as you go.
The last little bit sometimes requires effort. I sometimes cheat, and
find long screws, and tighten them as i go.

I've seen the units that have been dropped out of trucks, and bounced
a few times on the pavement.